Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: We'd Fight Ward at 164, 50-50 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is it ok for GGG to want cotto , canelo at his weight when cotto is a blown up ww and canelo is a 154 fighter , yet wants ward to come down ??????
    obviously he is ducking ward , and picking on smaller guys .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mate_Parlov View Post
      Like the last Ward fight? What was his opponent name again?
      Paul Smith, a fighter coming off of challenging for a super middleweight championship in his prior two fights, and giving the champion hell.

Sad that you're trying so hard to diminish Ward to cover up for the next can that Golovkin is likely to step in with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        You really want to debate that?

Maybe if Ward hadn't taken the last 2 years off he's still have some momentum from the S6. Golovkin just sold over 12k seats in LA vs an unknown fighter. Ward couldn't sell 8k in his own hometown vs the LHW champ of the world. And Golovkin still edged Ward in tv numbers for those respective fights.
        There's nothing to debate. Neither guy is a mega star. Well known boxers but we aren't talking levels where splits should even matter. 50-50 is fair especially if u consider it'll be Roc Nation putting up the most money for this fight. Money should not be an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Overplaying it so much that he's saying 50/50???

Fake offer. Fake team. Fake fighter?
          50/50 isn't overplaying it. The 164 CW is, because it's something I don't think Ward could accept even he wanted to. It's also unnecessary, as Golovkin and Sanchez have both said they would fight Ward at 168.

And Loeffler is GGG's promoter, same relationship as Hearn and Froch. Are you going to call Froch a fake fighter because Hearn doesn't seem to know what's going on with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            A-side but he wants 50-50 lol, I don't consider either a a-side anyway.
            by the a side hes saying because hes the A side he wants to be able to drain ward who would dominate him otherwise seems pretty clear to me that they are scared to fight ward at 168 if they said 166 i would take them more seriously

Comment

• So Catchweight is OK when GGG demands it? Yeah it is Hypocrites on this forum and it is mostly the b1tches who think this is "OK" but if Ward was to ask Kovalev to come down to 172lbs you guys would be all over him. If Canelo and Cotto try to get him to come down to 155 you all will be Bashing them as well.

This is a BS offer then they KNOW Ward is not going to fuking Accept. It would take A LOT of money for Ward to do that. You don't chase fighters who haven't done more than you in the sport and people talking about who is the bigger Draw...NEITHER Is A Fuking Draw! Let me know when either one is selling PPV's and is at least drawing 300k buys constantly before trying to debate who is the A Side of the Bigger Draw

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Loeffler should shut up about cw's. Golovkin & his trainer both have said repeatedly they don't want to do any catch weight fights and if/when they fight someone at SMW it will be at 168. Tom Loeffler made a mistake by saying that to the media.
                I don't think he did. GGG offered Rosado a catchweight just so it's more fair to Rosado. Rosado turned it down.

GGG is willing to fight Froch and Chavez who are clearly the A-sides at their weight and receive less money.

Against Ward if it's 50/50 it's got to be 50 50 financially and weight-wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mate_Parlov View Post
                  GGG is asking Cotto to fight. And I do not have a doubt that he would agree to 156 catch weight if that would make it doable. And yet, It is too much for Ward to do the same. He and his punk turds are calling GGG all the time. Double standards...
                  Why would Cotto give Golovkin 156, when he weighed in at 153.somthing for the Geale fight? To that you can also add that Golovkin doesn't really bring much money to the table.

154 and a half

Comment

• They are okay with Froch and Chavez Jr at 168 but not Ward? They are so afraid of Ward it's beyond obvious now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      I don't wanna hear shit from you if Cotto wants a CW vs GGG then.
                      Cotto is the WBC and lineal MW champ, and GGG is his mandatory challenger. So if Cotto fights GGG there won't be a CW unless GGG wants it too.

Comment

Working...
                      X