No announcement yet.

Cotto's Accomplishments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's Accomplishments

I am not putting Cotto down and think he has had a great career and many accomplishments. However, I just wanted to ask if others think they may be somewhat skewed and hypocritical (at least post Pacquaio fight).

To begin, lets mention his fight with Delvin. That was a show case fight and he did what he had to, so props to him. But was that really that much of a great fight that people make it out to be?

Then we have Sergio. The only reason this is brought is up because at one point, didn't Cotto say he did not want to fight Sergio, but why is it AFTER the sudden knee problems and being away from the game a while, is it NOW ok to fight him. This is the same scenario with Tony.

Miguel said Tony will never make another dollar off his name. Tony gets busted up by Manny, and NOW Cotto is fine to fight him.

Why does Cotto say he won't fight someone then turn around and fight them (after an injury)

I won't even mention him not staying at 147 and moving up to fight 1 legged Yuri and Mayorga.

wasnt yuri injured DURING the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      wasnt yuri injured DURING the fight?
      He was injured during the fight, but the knee did have a history already.

Comment

He needed to beat Mayweather and he couldnt get it done.

Comment

sergio martinez, the jewish guy yuri and margarito were all handicapped, the belts he won from the gimps were all too sell cotto as a renewed version of cotto but thats all smoke and mirrors, cottos biggest win is still zab or mosley. trout vs cotto is the same cotto that we saw vs martinez cause martines was injured and broken. the martinez that knokked out williams or made spectacles with pavlik was not in there with cotto. delvin was a way to showcase how good cotto can be vs a nobody but cotto did get humiliated by trout. a nobody i might add. austin trout sukks

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
            I am not putting Cotto down and think he has had a great career and many accomplishments. However, I just wanted to ask if others think they may be somewhat skewed and hypocritical (at least post Pacquaio fight).

To begin, lets mention his fight with Delvin. That was a show case fight and he did what he had to, so props to him. But was that really that much of a great fight that people make it out to be?

Then we have Sergio. The only reason this is brought is up because at one point, didn't Cotto say he did not want to fight Sergio, but why is it AFTER the sudden knee problems and being away from the game a while, is it NOW ok to fight him. This is the same scenario with Tony.

Miguel said Tony will never make another dollar off his name. Tony gets busted up by Manny, and NOW Cotto is fine to fight him.

Why does Cotto say he won't fight someone then turn around and fight them (after an injury)

I won't even mention him not staying at 147 and moving up to fight 1 legged Yuri and Mayorga.
            Stop with excuses everyone was saying how yuri was going to whoop cotto on here. He got injured during the fight. Cotto didn't want Margarito to make another dollar off of him after being caught cheating but Bob arum wanted to make the fight anyways so cotto agreed but only if his demands were met. Now provide evidence of cotto saying that he would never fight sergio. Cotto was on espn deported golpe a golpe and they had a video of martinez saying he wanted to fight cotto and cotto said martinez is a great fighter and everything and I'm willing to fight all the big names. That was jack. 2012 before he fought floyd. So I call bs on him saying he wouldn't fight him

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
              sergio martinez, the jewish guy yuri and margarito were all handicapped, the belts he won from the gimps were all too sell cotto as a renewed version of cotto but thats all smoke and mirrors, cottos biggest win is still zab or mosley. trout vs cotto is the same cotto that we saw vs martinez cause martines was injured and broken. the martinez that knokked out williams or made spectacles with pavlik was not in there with cotto. delvin was a way to showcase how good cotto can be vs a nobody but cotto did get humiliated by trout. a nobody i might add. austin trout sukks
              Yeah because a Pedro diaz trained cotto is fighting exactly like a Freddy roach trained fighter is.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                Yeah because a Pedro diaz trained cotto is fighting exactly like a Freddy roach trained fighter is.
                thats cottos fault. he chose trainers and he still lost to that bum trout. freddy or not, cotto foght a a handicapped martinez who was gimping around with no legs, he beat delvin who is a nobody and cotto is now marketed as the #1 middleweight even though hes probably not gonna fight ggg.its risky. cotto fights everyone but to prove that hes the best middlewight . this last win vs gimp martinez is farce so he has to fight ggg. remember, trout(a bum ) beat cotto by humiliating cotto in front of all his puerto rican fans . cotto still hasnt fought a fully healthy great caliber fighter at middleweight cause martinez was dead man that cant walk as martinez gimped down to the ring with cotto
                Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 06-22-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                  thats cottos fault. he chose trainers and he still lost to that bum trout. freddy or not, cotto foght a a handicapped martinez who was gimping around with no legs, he beat delvin who is a nobody and cotto is now marketed as the #1 middleweight even though hes probably not gonna fight ggg.its risky. cotto fights everyone but to prove that hes the best middlewight . this last win vs gimp martinez is farce so he has to fight ggg. remember, trout(a bum ) beat cotto by humiliating cotto in front of all his puerto rican fans . cotto still hasnt fought a fully healthy great caliber fighter at middleweight cause martinez was dead man that cant walk as martinez gimped down to the ring with cotto
                  U are just a hater. If trout is a bum then canelo is not much better than that considering that trout vs canelo fight was very very close they had some of the worse scorecards i have seen giving canelo like 8 or 9 of the first 10 rounds. Styles make fights. Just like you said that was cottos fault well that was martinez fault for accepting the fight saying he was 100 % and got beat up by a blown up ww. Stop hating so much you sound like a little *****

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                    U are just a hater. If trout is a bum then canelo is not much better than that considering that trout vs canelo fight was very very close they had some of the worse scorecards i have seen giving canelo like 8 or 9 of the first 10 rounds. Styles make fights. Just like you said that was cottos fault well that was martinez fault for accepting the fight saying he was 100 % and got beat up by a blown up ww. Stop hating so much you sound like a little *****
                    i dont care about canelo. canelo was losing the first 5 rounds vs sorry azz alfonso gomez until he knokked his azz out, cotto beat the crap outta sorry azz gomez. martinez was still a gimp. ggg is not a gimp and cotto didnt fight a legit fighter at his best to get that title. trout sukks, cotto was outclassed by that bum and like erik morales beating cano. cotto beating martinez gimp version is a paper title . (im a morales fan - my fav fighter). cotto beat 2 gimps to win titles in diff weight devisions but styles do make fights. trout still sukks and cotto still lost to trout.

by the way, no need for profanity or just try to not get too angry, opinions are opinions .

fact is cotto chose to fight 2 gimps for titles

Comment

Working...
                    X