Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin is NOT an inside fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless if he is not a great inside fighter, you have to take his power to get inside so yeah good luck trying to get inside anyway. Can he fight some inside? Sure but I don't think that is one of his best strengths. He likes to be the hunter, he likes to walk you down and get off with his Power. It will take a complete fighter to beat GGG, you have to be able to do a little bit of everything. Inside fighting alone won't beat him!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I think we need to see him in with another puncher, as he seems to be getting used to just walking through his opponent's punches because they can't hurt him. The best way to remind him to be defensively responsible is to match him against a puncher: Quillin, Jacobs, Lee, Lemieux. Tureano Johnson can punch a little and likes to fight on the inside, but he's clearly not on GGG's level. It would be an entertaining bout while it lasted, but IDK how good Johnson's chin is.
      He's been in with a BIG puncher in Stevens and walked through some of his biggest punches. But youre right, i'd love to see him in there and destroy Quillin(who imo is scared to fight GGG). I think that if Cotto/Canelo happens, GGG will fight the winner of Lemieux/N'Dam

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        People have the misconception that GGG is an inside fighter but that is false, he does his best work from mid range. He is a mid range fighter like Lucas Matthysse who has the power to do well and have success on the inside but their strength is in the mid range where they can get more leverage and snap into their punches. Brandon Rios is an actual inside fighter who does his work throwing those close range uppercuts.

Willie Monroe post fight said he had success when he fought on the inside and also picked Canelo over GGG, but GGG over Cotto. I personally feel GGG beats anyone between 154-160.
        Than why has he knock out people with body shots or the left hook to the top of the head I believe all those were done from the inside

Comment

Working...
        X