Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last night was the sort of KO that ends careers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was like Hatton Pacquiao all over again. Paul underestimated Sergio's power. Great timing!

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
      This is not a snipe at Williams fans but last night was a KO that left me horrified. There have been numerous fighters who have been knocked out, never had the same punch resistance again. I'm just not sure how Paul will come back from this, he can't change his style now since he's adapted to it for many years, the only thing he can do is tweak his defense. He has never really took of advantage of his size and long reach which is a shame..

Paul may just turn into a punch bag after last night, those sort of KO's are career enders.

That being said, Paul met his moment of truth in the ring, it was bound to happen at some point.
      From a physical and neurologically perspect what Paul suffered last night was alot safer than the sustained beating that Marg took last week. Lots of smaller sustained blunt impact will cause alot more damage. There is a thought that MMA with it's smaller less padded gloves is alot more dangerous when in fact it's the opposite. Because boxing gloves are padded they spread the impact over a larger area and this is more likely to bounce the brain around in the skull, far more dangerous than taking 1 clean punch that sparks you out.

So from that perspective he'll be fine..... how copes after that may be a different story altogether

Comment

was very brutal

Comment

move back down to 154 and he should be fine. like someone else said hewas able to do a ring interview right then and there. most fighters that get zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz like that we get reports of them being in the hospital overnight which is not the case this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            that's not what happened last night????????????

you're showing your ass today. really, the worst ko's are when you get caught with an unseen punch after taking punishment. that's not what happened.

lol at you trying to say rachmans ko wasn't like that.
            Dunno what fight you were watching but Rahman ko on Lewis is not similar to Martinez Ko on Pwill. After Lewis got knocked out he regained conciousness like 3-4 seconds later and tried to get up but didnt beat the count. When Sergio knocked out Pwill, Pwill was stiff as an ironboard. Didnt beat the count, didnt attempt to beat the count cause he was flatlined, stiff, well, done finito. When Pac flatlined Hatton, Hatton didnt attempt either cause he was in another world. Like Taylor when Abe flatlined him, he as stiff as cardboard. These type of ko s I believe either take away your confidence or/and your punch resistance.

Go ask Macka Foley, he says the same shit. That once you get knocked out there is a line in ur chin that gets wider and wider which makes you more easier to knock out.

2:09
            Last edited by killacash; 11-21-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

This is not a snipe at Williams fans but last night was a KO that left me horrified. There have been numerous fighters who have been knocked out, never had the same punch resistance again. I'm just not sure how Paul will come back from this, he can't change his style now since he's adapted to it for many years, the only thing he can do is tweak his defense. He has never really took of advantage of his size and long reach which is a shame..

Paul may just turn into a punch bag after last night, those sort of KO's are career enders.
              That being said, Paul met his moment of truth in the ring, it was bound to happen at some point.
              Actually, those type of KO's are what gets you in line to fight Manny Pacquiaio in a future fight. After Pac beats a faded Margarito, Williams will be next.

Comment

I think he will be alright, losses like this could make him turn his career round for the good, lots of fighters have been KO'd and sprung back from it.

Comment

That was like Hearns vs Hagler. Look how Hearns ended up. PW is done, no one will fear him. He is susceptible to counter punchers.

Comment

Working...
                  X