Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name your favourite memorable/inspiring boxing quotes.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
    "I'll Fck you til you love me fgt." -Mike Tyson

does that count?
    Whatever made an impression on you man...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I appreciate that some of you guys enjoyed the Sutherland quote...but that ish cut deep, bro. It was a painful moment for B-Suth so lets all just respect that for a second.
      This reminds me of the boxer version of Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down! lol...I can even picture him saying the quote in Kenny Powers' voice lol!

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        Whatever made an impression on you man...
        If they ever do a remake of Punch-Out with Mike...

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
          If they ever do a remake of Punch-Out with Mike...

Comment

Here are a few that I vaguely recall.'
            Jack Dempsey; Telling his wife how he lost the Title to Gene Tunney, said ..."Honey, I forgot to duck". Also,..... When I fight tall guys I hit them in the middle and bring them down to my height. And there's a much quoted one..
            " when he was boxing he was thinking, and all the time he was thinking I was hitting him.."

Max Baer, a comedian to the end, when he had his fatal heart attack in a hotel and rang for the doctor. He was told they'd send up the "house doctor" and Baer replied " No, I want a people doctor".

Marvin Hagler said "my fists are my judge and jury". (he won every title defence (about 14) (except against Duran), by KO.. (-and, his very disputed loss to Leonard))

About his Duran fight which he barely won on points he said it was a learning experience for him. "It was like going to school... on the inside I'd teach him something new, and then he'd teach me something I didn't know, I really enjoyed that fight".

On the proposed return match with Tommy Hearns he said.. " Why do you want a return fight..is it because you don't remember the first one?"

The one I like the most is as old as the hills and I don't know who first said it, or even whether it was about boxing, but it is "I zigged when I should have zagged". It suits nothing better than boxing.
            Last edited by edgarg; 01-06-2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Although I first heard this quote from Glen Johnson, I understand it was previously said by Mike Tyson. I don't know it he is the original though but I like it anyways:

"Everyone has a game plan until they get hit"

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
                This reminds me of the boxer version of Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down! lol...I can even picture him saying the quote in Kenny Powers' voice lol!

Comment

Originally posted by skelva View Post
                  Although I first heard this quote from Glen Johnson, I understand it was previously said by Mike Tyson. I don't know it he is the original though but I like it anyways:

"Everyone has a game plan until they get hit"
                  Old but gold!

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    Here are a few that I vaguely recall.'
                    Jack Dempsey; Telling his wife how he lost the Title to Gene Tunney, said ..."Honey, I forgot to duck". Also,..... When I fight tall guys I hit them in the middle and bring them down to my height. And there's a much quoted one..
                    " when he was boxing he was thinking, and all the time he was thinking I was hitting him.."

Max Baer, a comedian to the end, when he had his fatal heart attack in a hotel and rang for the doctor. He was told they'd send up the "house doctor" and Baer replied " No, I want a people doctor".

Marvin Hagler said "my fists are my judge and jury". (he won every title defence (about 14) (except against Duran), by KO.. (-and, his very disputed loss to Leonard))

About his Duran fight which he barely won on points he said it was a learning experience for him. "It was like going to school... on the inside I'd teach him something new, and then he'd teach me something I didn't know, I really enjoyed that fight".

On the proposed return match with Tommy Hearns he said.. " Why do you want a return fight..is it because you don't remember the first one?"

The one I like the most is as old as the hills and I don't know who first said it, or even whether it was about boxing bit it is "I zigged when I should have zagged". it suits nothing better than boxing.
                    Some interesting and unique ones in there, good stories
                    By the way - no luck removing the signature as of yet?
                    EDIT - I see it's gone now, but still in your 'location' for some reason, you can edit that in your control panel too under bio or personal settings, whatever it is, just clear the location bit.
                    Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 01-06-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

"I'll beat anyone who thinks 11 fights is not enough experience"

Guillermo "El Chacal" Rigondeaux

Comment

Working...
                      X