• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    it being well deserved is an opinion

All accolades are opinion based.....everyone weighs things differently

For example....

Freddie Roach won it Trainer of year 7x and is already in the Hall of fame but Roger Mayweather trained the best fighter of the passing era, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the best female fighter, Laila Ali at the same time and never won Trainer of the year. He worked with some other decent fighters too.

Other great trainers have never won it and have just as good of resume's as Roach.....How Many times did Nacho Beristein win it??? Dude built champions from scratch and made guys champs that came to him mid career

Beristein had a lot to do with legends like Juan Manuel Marquez, Daniel Zaragoza, Gilberto Roman, etc.

Its all based of what the panel is looking for

I put a lot of weight on actually winning big fights, not just being in them.

He was pretty good but IDK if I'd put him in there he didn't last at the top very long
    Like you say its an opinion, but the opinions that matter(the ones that can actually put someone in the Hall) agree with me as they put him in. He wasn't a first ballot hall of famer. It took over twenty years to get him in and that's about right for how his career was, but IMO just like the ones that vote on it agree with me.

As far as trainers go, that's another thing. Nacho Beristain is in the hall of fame as a trainer and its well deserved. Hes one of the best trainers of all time and the Sport of Boxing recognize that as he is in the Hall. Roger Mayweather not getting a trainer of the year accolade, well I don't know about that. He did train Floyd(who is arguably one of the best of this era, PEDs or not) for the majority of his career and he deserves accolades for that, but outside that he really never turned anyone into a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Like you say its an opinion, but the opinions that matter(the ones that can actually put someone in the Hall) agree with me as they put him in. He wasn't a first ballot hall of famer. It took over twenty years to get him in and that's about right for how his career was, but IMO just like the ones that vote on it agree with me.

As far as trainers go, that's another thing. Nacho Beristain is in the hall of fame as a trainer and its well deserved. Hes one of the best trainers of all time and the Sport of Boxing recognize that as he is in the Hall. Roger Mayweather not getting a trainer of the year accolade, well I don't know about that. He did train Floyd(who is arguably one of the best of this era, PEDs or not) for the majority of his career and he deserves accolades for that, but outside that he really never turned anyone into a champion.
      regardless of who agrees with you doesn't make your opinion anymore or less vaild and vise versa for me

we can agree to disagree

Just Like Roach's most recent "Trainer of the Year" Accolade...smdh imo he didn't deserve it and lost a lot of big fights

Also Ronda Rousey winning fighter of the year for the Espy's knowing darn well if Manny beat Mayweather he would have won it and everything else under the sun

As I said, were all human we all have opinions and that's what these forums are and accolades are....opinion based

Comment

regardless of who agrees with you doesn't make your opinion anymore or less vaild and vise versa for me

we can agree to disagree

Just Like Roach's most recent "Trainer of the Year" Accolade...smdh imo he didn't deserve it and lost a lot of big fights

Also Ronda Rousey winning fighter of the year for the Espy's knowing darn well if Manny beat Mayweather he would have won it and everything else under the sun

As I said, were all human we all have opinions and that's what these forums are and accolades are....opinion based
        Yea we can agree to disagree.

But the facts are the ones that vote on who gets in agree with me that Mancini should be in. But it's all good that you don't think so. All that matters is he is in and it's history.

Comment

we can agree to disagree

Btw I could care less who wins the espy. It carries no significants to me and I've never watch that show. Because that's all it is, A Show.

Comment

Arbachakov should get in cause he was a boss

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              It's nothing alike to that.

It doesn't matter if they've stopped it now if you were inducted into the WBHOF you were considered a HOF'er that hasn't been deleted from history.

If a new HOF starts, GBHF The global boxing hall of fame and the IBHOF shuts down do all of the IBHOF'ers cease to exist?
              It's actually quite alike. Ring's Hall started in the 50s and went on for decades. Those selected didn't cease to exist but the defunct nature of things makes it less relevant. I see your point though; I've argued in the past the IBHOF should have bulk inducted Ring's old Hall enshrines at jump to clear decks.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                Here was last year's list; everyone carried over except Mancini, Hamed and Bowe so these guys plus Camacho, Yuri, and Sot.

http://www.bwaa.us/2014/10/10/2015-i...fame-nominees/
                A lot of tough calls on the ballet

My five
                Camacho
                Mancini
                Moon
                Zapata
                Roman

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  A lot of tough calls on the ballet

My five
                  Camacho
                  Mancini
                  Moon
                  Zapata
                  Roman
                  Mancini got in last year.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Mancini got in last year.
                    My bad....

Then I would go with Curry or Jackson..

I think curry had a better career at wleter than Eubanks n benn did at 160-168

Jackson is one of the best punchers ever and was a champion... Hard not to vote for a guy that was the best p4p puncher of his era...

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Why do you do you only count that one?
                      The World Boxing Hall of Fame doesn't have a museum or any kind of physical location and hasn't inducted a class in years. But in all honesty, it's just not the Hall of Fame that others refer to as the main "Hall of Fame". That is the IBHOF and it's the one that fighters aspire to join.

Somebody else said it best earlier in the thread. It's a Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Working...
                      X