No announcement yet.

Are Brits ashamed of Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
    not ashamed of any man who gives away over two stones and gets in the ring for a fight but he did bottle it,he never threw enough punches and looked scared to engage in a war,the toe excuse was bollocks he should of took the loss like a man and said the better man won

im not a massive fan of wlad's style but as a person i do like him,he comes across smart,respectful and a classy guy

the best man won
    Well him getting in the ring is his JOB, that would be like you getting credit for going to work every day, he acted despicably and talked a lot of smack, only to not even try once he got in the ring. But good post over all, I agree with most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
      Ashamed? Why?

I'm actually impressed with him for lasting 12 rounds as I though Wlad would KO him pretty easily.
      Well it's very hard to KO a man who flops on the ground every time you touch him and runs the entire time, but I have to admit, Gayevid's chin is not as bad as I though, he did take a lot of shot from Wlad but Wlad also took a couple of "Hayemakers" and was fine, and those Hayemakers did put Valuev on queer street for a moment. I guess both men's chins proved to be much sturdier than expected (although I don't think Wlad's was that bad to begin with, he has never been counted out and he has fought the best punchers the division had to offer for the past 15 years).

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH DUMMY View Post
        They should be, All British fighters sucks anyway.
        Irish fighters suck more lol

Comment

I don't think Haye deserves that much credit just for getting in the ring. It's not like he was doing it to raise money for orphans or something. He did it for personal gain.

I'd happily fight Wlad for a lot less than Haye received from all the fans he promised a great show to. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably run around the ring looking to avoid punishment as well, but I wouldn't expect any credit for doing so, and I wouldn't lie to people beforehand so that they'd waste their hard-earned money on my Usain Bolt impression when what I'd promised them was Hagler-Hearns.

Comment

I expected him to get knocked out, but I at least hoped he would go out and try to bomb Wlad out... in the mid-rounds, I was at least hoping he might try something late knowing he was behind, but he just didn't really seem to bother. Ashamed? No, let down? Yes, at least guys like Ricky Hatton tried the best they could when they stepped up

Oh well, I had money on Wlad anyway, so I won my bet!

Comment

Ashamed? no, dissapointed? yes, it wasn't as if it was a spanking was it? each round was pretty close but Wlad was the better man on the night, the tally of points on paper show a whitewash but to any unbiased boxing fan it was close all the way through,the main question should be how ashamed are the klit fans that their man couldn't knock out a jumped up cruiser weight? i think there is more shame there.

Comment

Not at all. The gamesmanship and excuses weren't good to see but Haye gave Wlad his toughest fight since Sam Peter put him on his backside. He stood in front of the hardest puncher around, hands down, and challenged him to hit him. He took some monstrous shots and went back for more. While his attack and conduct were disappointing he showed more toughness than anyone believed he had.

Comment

I'm not ashamed of Haye, wlad won on points based on his jab. Haye took the fight to wlad while wlad was afraid to engage.

Most wlad supporters thought Haye's chin was made out of glass and he proved them otherwise.

Comment

Im disappointed he hyped the fight and what he was gona do so much and he didnt even give it a try

He knew he wasnt going to win on points, everyone knew, he even said it before the fight

Yet he didnt go for it.....besides the 12th round he didnt even try hurt klitschko...

He was to scared to get knocked out himself....and wouldnt fight

Comment

They should be because he fought awful out their he stunk up the joint.the brits got Froch and Khan to look forward to those guys come to fight or win rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X