Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Fitness-geek" wants to start with boxing?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fitness-geek" wants to start with boxing?!

Hello everyone,

Firstly, let me introduce myself. I am a 18 years old boy, who has started his "sport-carrer" quite a few years ago. Firstly, i was practicing the Taekwondo, than went to Karate and aproximetly milion of all other sports, that have existed. As a kid, i have unfortunately not stayed in any of these sports. I was practicing Taekwondo for aproximetly two years, which is the longest that i have stayed in any sport, as a kid.

However, aproximetly three years ago, i have decided that it is time for me to lose some fat and this is why i have went to my local gym. My only goal was realy just to lose fat, without any knowledge about the healthy life. After a "starting-momentum" i have lost the interest for a month or two, but have gone back quite quickly. I have had my ups and downs, but i am glad, that i have found myself at the end.

Slowly, fitness has started interesting me very much. I have started to read about the food, about practices in the gym and everything else, connected with a healthy life in global. I have somehow became addicted, of pushing my body to my limits. I guess that many of you know the feeling when your body hurts so much that you can barely stand on your legs, yet you want to continue with the training and push your psyche to the limits. Well, fitness is pretty much my life for a good year or so (if i include my starts and "not-so-serious-times", i am going in fitness for aproximetly three years already).

Well, becouse Bodybuilding does not interest me, i am considering starting with the Boxing. I am watching Boxing fights for quite a some time already and i have to say, that The Sweet Science is interesting me more and more by everyday. Why Boxing? Becouse it is the only sport, that realy interests me. Taekwondo and the Karate, which i have already tried in the past, does not interest me that much. Neither does Judo, becouse i do not like ground fighting realy. However, Boxing seems to be a perfect mixture, of what i personally like about the sport.

How many chances do you, experienced Boxers think, that a 18 years old boy with a good base of fitness and a will for strong trainings, has to become a decent Boxer? I am not asking this to get some sort of personal confirmation, becouse i am well aware of the fact that it all depends just on me, but becouse i know, that i am probably kinda late to start with some other sports.

Thank you,

Kind Regards !

I'd spark you out.

Comment

Sergio Martinez didn't enter a Boxing gym until teh age of 20, and he's a top 3 P4P boxer right now.

So it is possible to become decent boxer.

Comment

The highest trait I can assign to a fighter is having a wounded soul..A damaged sense of self. A low self esteem..Boxing more than any other sport is about desire over ability..It's amazing what a punch in the face can do to to ability..It can completely remove it..
        People desiring a tough image get into boxing but it's the ones that need toughness that succeed in it..Ya it's easy to get caught up in the Bravado and posturing but lets get past that and see what is really happening. You are willingly entering an exchange of punishment and pain..Why? Fame fortune status? Maybe but that doesn't carry you through getting hit..Doesn't add venom to your punch..What does?? Need. A burning secrete need to hurt back. To inflict back on the universe some measure of the pain you feel..In some fighters it's apparent to most.. Mike Tyson Pops to mind Or lennix lewis during a running commentary on a fight.."lots of when I's or I would's" aways attempting to bolster his sense of self. And Lewis is about as healthy and adjusted as a fighter can get. Even Ali..seemingly so full of him self yet see his true nature in how he reacted to defeat..To Frasier..A mean spirited racist tinged vendetta lasting for years..Or To Holmes Years later whispering to Tyson to exact a measure of revenge..
        Fighters are not healthy well balanced individual's..Boxing training is great exercise but if you wanna fight you have to need it...Course Denial is just fine to..You wanna fight but don't know why... That will still work..The first few times getting hit will proof the pudding.
        Last edited by Crushedknee; 03-26-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you, for the answers!

Yeah, i knew about Martinez, but i do not want to compare myself to anyone realy, to be honest.

I was just wondering, what is ussualy the "normal" time of starting with Boxing, for most of the Boxers. I know for a fact, that if i for example was interested in the football carrer, i am way to late for it.

I am interested in starting with the Boxing, to learn the Boxing and not to learn how to be disciplined in the sport or nutrition, in the global. I am probably one of the rare teenagers these days that is not coma-drunk every weekend and that does not eat junk food on the regular basis. Even though it took my friends quite a some time to get used to me bringing the protein shakes and complex carbohydrates in the school and me ordering a water instead of a beer in the bars, this is what is my passion.

I just feel, that i should acctualy use it in the sport, since i feel that this is where i have a good chance to be succsessful.

Also, i have one question about the nutrition in Boxing. What is the ussual diet, of Boxers? Is it about definition of body (i.e. Ketogenic Diet), muscle gaining (i.e. protenis, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats) or just a mixture of both? When i was thining about it a few days ago, i thought that i personally would go for proteins and healthy fats in the day and complex carbohydrates around the training for the energy, but i do not know what is the ussual practice in Boxing.

Comment

Working...
          X