No announcement yet.

What does it do for wlad's legacy if he avenges loss to tyson fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    frankly father time catches up to everyone and lennox and Wlad have fine careers to look back on and are respected by many
    Totally agreed.

I see both Wladimir and Lennox basically on shared terms for the GOAT's of HW boxing.'

And I see Fury as just another champ who happened to catch a great one at the end of his reign.

Even if Wlad doesn't avenge, Fury has a long way to go to prove his true greatness, one battle against the last stand of a man doesn't do that.

I think most people know the prime Wlad would have destroyed Fury as he is now and that the smart money will be on Wlad in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      Totally agreed.

I see both Wladimir and Lennox basically on shared terms for the GOAT's of HW boxing.'

And I see Fury as just another champ who happened to catch a great one at the end of his reign.

Even if Wlad doesn't avenge, Fury has a long way to go to prove his true greatness, one battle against the last stand of a man doesn't do that.

I think most people know the prime Wlad would have destroyed Fury as he is now and that the smart money will be on Wlad in the rematch.
      If you could pull him off the ground after Sanders Scotched him he might do better.... Vladdy fans always want to move the goal posts. We have the great Vlad with power who could not fight punchers until he met Stewart, then we have the great klinchko who worked himself through a division of stationary opponents....And finally we have the latest Vlad!

In all these cases there is no proof that Vlad could fight an opponent that is not stationary, with the movement skills that Fury has.

Comment

A better question is why another Wlad thread in the history section when the question calls about his overall place as well in the big picture if he should win? Which obviously one needs to compare others of the past since we are discussing what his legacy means. Therefor if you give Wlad more credit than certain past time fighters it would then fall under the category of PROMOTING a CURRENT fighter and is against the rules and is an agenda trying to discredit past ones .The thread should be moved based on what the MODS have told me wasnt allowed here so i'll refrain from posting an actual answer.........

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          A better question is why another Wlad thread in the history section when the question calls about his overall place as well in the big picture if he should win? Which obviously one needs to compare others of the past since we are discussing what his legacy means. Therefor if you give Wlad more credit than certain past time fighters it would then fall under the category of PROMOTING a CURRENT fighter and is against the rules and is an agenda trying to discredit past ones .The thread should be moved based on what the MODS have told me wasnt allowed here so i'll refrain from posting an actual answer.........
          I guess only the OP can answer the question as to whether his intent is to discredit Wlad. I honestly feel that any fighter still active that has had an extensive career as Wlad is worth discussion in the history section but there overall place in history really does not sink in until decades after there final bout. After that time people who are objective and have no agendas either way can accurately put careers into perspective. Not saying I totally agree with bert sugars ratings but they are a very good discussion point and it would be nice to see someone take over the mantel of writing a book similar to his in 15 to 20 years. It would be interesting to see who would fall out of the top 100 and who would replace them.

Comment

I guess only the OP can answer the question as to whether his intent is to discredit Wlad. I honestly feel that any fighter still active that has had an extensive career as Wlad is worth discussion in the history section but there overall place in history really does not sink in until decades after there final bout. After that time people who are objective and have no agendas either way can accurately put careers into perspective. Not saying I totally agree with bert sugars ratings but they are a very good discussion point and it would be nice to see someone take over the mantel of writing a book similar to his in 15 to 20 years. It would be interesting to see who would fall out of the top 100 and who would replace them.
            My post isnt directed at the OP ,its directed at the rules and being told i cant post certain things of current fighters yet the threads like this is exactly that ..., should go for everyone !
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-14-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              My post isnt directed at the OP ,its directed at the rules and being told i cant post certain things of current fighters yet the threads like this is exactly that ..., should go for everyone !
              ok was not aware that was a rule

Comment

ok was not aware that was a rule
                Yea apparently it only applies to me though ....maybe someone can make another Wilt vs Ali thread so i can complain why that belongs in the fantasy section as well so i can post an opinion on it without now having to look over my shoulder!
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-14-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X