What if Foreman had not Retired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    Foreman was the one fight Cus Dmato told Tyson to never take
    yea that would have been a tough styles match for tyson. foreman would have been ripping those brutal uppercuts on him

Comment

1. Foreman already disposed of Norton. It would of been the same in a rematch.

Like Soul Survivor said Larry never flicked a jab. I like to think of him as a boxer puncher with an emphasis in boxer.

Foreman would of took hos head off. Thats one of the biggest fights we missed out on in Foremans prime but like Russian said his head wasnt right.

Ali might be dead if he fought Foreman in 78-80.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
        1. Foreman already disposed of Norton. It would of been the same in a rematch.

Like Soul Survivor said Larry never flicked a jab. I like to think of him as a boxer puncher with an emphasis in boxer.

Foreman would of took hos head off. Thats one of the biggest fights we missed out on in Foremans prime but like Russian said his head wasnt right.

Ali might be dead if he fought Foreman in 78-80.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        very true about Ali.

Also, I'm talking about this scenario as if Foreman was never psychologically affected by the Ali loss and then the Young loss. I think a fully fit mind and body of Foreman would hurt and KO Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          When was Holmes ever up on his toes? He had a great jab but he never moved like Ali, he had great footwork but he never danced around the ring flicking a jab. His jab was a real hard shot, shot out when his feet were planted square. Holmes was a terrific boxer but even in his prime he got dragged into wars he had no business being in.

If Foreman dragged Holmes into a war, we would have seen Holmes ragdolled like he was against Tyson.

A mentally stable, fully fit Foreman TKO 8 or 9 over Holmes.
          I still got to favor holmes,, you make valid points, but i gotta disagree,,
          Holmes did get on his bike on occasion and use the jab, like a poor man's version of ali..

Most of holmes' wars were latter in his prime, from 79-85
          I think holmes 75-78 would stand a much better threat to george,,,,,

I just think that holmes would be able to pull it out,, foreman has a punchers chances, but larry's heart would get him thru,, especially late, when foreman would fade after rounds,, larry would come on like gangbusters late, especially in a 15 round fight,,,

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            I still got to favor holmes,, you make valid points, but i gotta disagree,,
            Holmes did get on his bike on occasion and use the jab, like a poor man's version of ali..

Most of holmes' wars were latter in his prime, from 79-85
            I think holmes 75-78 would stand a much better threat to george,,,,,

I just think that holmes would be able to pull it out,, foreman has a punchers chances, but larry's heart would get him thru,, especially late, when foreman would fade after rounds,, larry would come on like gangbusters late, especially in a 15 round fight,,,

IMO
            I can see Holmes making it damn difficult with his jab and technical ability, no doubt so you have a fair opinion.

I just highlighted one point, I wouldn't say Holmes was prime in 75-78 or a better fighter than 79-85 cos in the mid 70s Holmes was fighting nobodies. Off the top of my head, I think the only legit opponent he had in the mid-70s was Shavers and ofc the Ali sparring. In the mid-70s, if Foreman had stayed mentally ok, I think he takes that version of Holmes, inexperienced and unready, out.

Comment

Working...
            X