Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best jabs are more like a martial arts back fist correct?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best jabs are more like a martial arts back fist correct?

[IMG][/IMG]

Also did you know Larry Holmes Jabbed just like Ali technique wise, except he stepped forward with it more to add extra power Ali didnt do that as much he used it to distract blind score etc?

Hell even Liston and Foreman and Joe Louis jab with a backfist, as does Ali and Hamed, its the fastest way to throw the jab and its the hardest way too.
    Last edited by AlexKid; 08-11-2015, 03:53 PM.

"backfist"? A backfist (terminology)(backhand) is a foul in boxing so I'm not sure what your stating by using the term backfist.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      "backfist"? A backfist (terminology)(backhand) is a foul in boxing so I'm not sure what your stating by using the term backfist.

Ray
      I said they are like a back hand/fist not an actual one, they are more linear and some of them connect with the front of the glove still, but theres still a semi circular whipping of the forearm from the elbow which is not a piston like jab taught as standard.

Yes they are definitely bending the rules with this jab, the refs dont seem to care
      Last edited by AlexKid; 08-11-2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

those jabs are for people that don't know how to throw one properly. While they will deliver some cosmetic damage, as the side of the glove becomes a weapon, it is not the best jab that you can throw.

Comment

The glove on contact either pronates (turned over)(palm down) or lands with the fist (thumb up pinky down) non pronate! Which is the wrong way to punch.
          I don't know where or who taught you the terminology you use but I never heard of the terms you use. To me your explaining a backfist (right hand conventional) being thrown with the same effect as a jab?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            those jabs are for people that don't know how to throw one properly. While they will deliver some cosmetic damage, as the side of the glove becomes a weapon, it is not the best jab that you can throw.

u sure bro ? xD

Comment

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...-while-you-can

Comment

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...-while-you-can

like this, ill let Larry educate you Ray
                Last edited by AlexKid; 08-11-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I lol'd when I read the title and saw it was an AlexKid post

Comment

I just love watching Ray and rockin interact with this idiot. Yes ali and larry threw the Jab that way but just because they did it doesn't mean it works for everyone. The piston like jab is taught that way because it is all round effective and helps set up other shots. The jab your showing looks flashy and may do some damage in terms of cuts but won't be effective all the time. It can't push a man back and against a fighter with a decent chin it won't phase them

Comment

Working...
                    X