Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edgar vs. Maynard rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one likes a draw. But this fight, I didn't mind.

This fight was about a 100 times more exciting than I expected it to be. I can't wait for the rematch, even though I doubt the rubber match will be as good, due to the drama in the 1st round and Edgar owning Maynard in the 2nd.

Edgar showed a lot of heart. How can anybody not like this guy? I thought he won 3-2, but that 10-8 round earned the draw for Maynard.

10-8 rounds are detrimental in MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
      Yeah I ave first round 10-8 for maynard. I had edgar winning last 4 rounds, i thought rounds 3 n 5 were close bu the champ edged them.
      You scored it the same as me then. I just watched the fight now and thought Edgar won the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and just edged the 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
        Rematch: yes.
        Immediate rematch: no.

E
        I have to agree. Even though the fight was much more exciting then we all thought it would be, I don't want to see it again right now. They should have Edgar fight Pettis. I would like B.J. to come back to 155 and fight Maynard.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
          You scored it the same as me then. I just watched the fight now and thought Edgar won the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and just edged the 5th round.
          Yeah, definatley edgar won. I guess theres an argument that aynard punched himself out in the first round cos he looked very slow in the later rounds. Even so, I think if a 3rd fight did happen, id have edgar again by UD

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
            I have to agree. Even though the fight was much more exciting then we all thought it would be, I don't want to see it again right now. They should have Edgar fight Pettis. I would like B.J. to come back to 155 and fight Maynard.
            Ditto.

If BJJ isn't coming back down then Maynard-Henderson would work too.

Comment

Working...
            X