Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana is so limited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana isn't a pure boxer by any means, but it was his utilization of the jab and a very surprising ability to slip and roll punches that won him his last fight. He has progressed leaps and bounds from the swing and hope fighter he used to be. I say give the guy a break. He's entertaining to watch and how he's adding to his game under Garcia has impressed me at least. A true student of the game is what Garcia called him. I see that.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      He has been exposed by superior boxers 3 times.
      He was unlucky not to get the decision against Kotenik, Cortez cost him the fight v Khan and Alexander was his first fight at 147lbs (where MM still doesn't look good).

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
      He is a glorified club fighter
      Why, because he doesn't run?

Comment

I don't see how he's limited. Garcia has done well with him, and worked in some new things to Maidana's game.

Comment

Even a slugger can overwhelm a boxer if the right pressure is applied.

Comment

Maidana is limited but he keeps coming. Thats what makes him so good to watch.

Comment

Thanks because we all thought he was the second coming of SRL and we all had him in our P4P top 10

Comment

I liked the way he used his jab last fight I was very surprised and idc if he hasnt got pure boxing skills he comes out and gives entertaining fights time after time and that's why people love him

Comment

No, just cuz he's very limited in skill, just like everyone else has agreed upon so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

No, but he holds and hits just like your idol. And Khan is the one who runs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      He was unlucky not to get the decision against Kotenik, Cortez cost him the fight v Khan and Alexander was his first fight at 147lbs (where MM still doesn't look good).

no because he is a **** boxer

Comment

Working...
                      X