No announcement yet.

Regarding pullups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding pullups

I weight about 63 kg and am 15. I would like to know, are they ok to do at my age and, do they hav any benefit for boxing? Thankyou

Great for upper body strength, it's a bodyweight exercise so it wion't affect your health or anything like that,

In other words, do them till you drop =p

I can do 5 sets, 10 reps.

Comment

Great benefit for boxing. They strengthen the lats which function as stabilizing muscles for punching, if I recall correctly. All of the greats in every weight class did them, and so should you.

Comment

I have a doorframe pull-up bar that allows for wide-grip, close-grip, and hammer-grip chins. So should you. I think mine cost $20.

Wide-grip focuses effort on the lower lats near the erector spinae. Close-grip works the upper lats (the "wings") and rhomboids (mid-back) more. Hammer-grip works the biceps and shoulder girdle. Do 'em all.

Comment

Pull ups are great man,hard to do but they make you strong.

Comment

Of course, every muscle group is used in boxing. Just stay out of bodybuilding if you want to box, as the extra weight is not necessarily an advantage in the ring (although it may be in the street).

Comment

Working...
            X