Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When RA, the Rugged Man, mopped the floor with L'il Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When RA, the Rugged Man, mopped the floor with L'il Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Michael Marley
    Boxing Examiner
    December 11th, 2010

I have stoppped living a lie and so does Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He is not undefeated in the public arena, only in the prize ring.

He is undefeated, by virtue of abundant skill combined with slick opponent selection, in the ring.

But, lest we forget, in public debate he has been KTFO'd.

It happened on the Eminem channel on Sirius Radio, on the Shade 45 program and it was rapper-fight fan RA, the Rugged Man who "reps" Suffolk County on Long Island, who mopped the floor with a babbling, nonsensical, nearly delirious Mayweather.

RA, the Rugged Man, handled Mayweather like it was "easy work" and Mayweather had the audacity to say that, "when I leave boxing, it will die."

This interview took place on Oct. 31, 2009, and Mayweather has fought only once, his points victory over Sugar Shane Mosley last May 1, since that time.

As far as I know, Manny Pacquiao and boxing rolled on.

In another brutal left-right-left combo, Mayweather brags on never losing and RA counters with:

"Rocky Marciano was 49-0 so was he better than Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes?"

Mayweather took a standing eight count on that one.

'Nuff said!

http://hiphopruckus.com/2009/10/ra-t...own-size.html/
    Last edited by ThunderWolf; 12-11-2010, 05:40 PM.

In fact, I can't name a fighter on Mayweather’s entire record that would've been able to beat a Josh Clottey or a Miguel Cotto. Not Corrales, not De La Hoya and not Marquez.”

I believe Clottey is more established at Welterweight than Floyd is, and Mosley is more established at Welterweight than Pac-man is, so I'm not mad at these fights. I think both of these fights can actually be better fights than Floyd/Pac or just as good. Both fights are fights that either guy can lose.”

- Rugged Man

Proof that someone can watch boxing for years and still be an idiot about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post

Michael Marley
      Boxing Examiner
      December 11th, 2010

I have stoppped living a lie and so does Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He is not undefeated in the public arena, only in the prize ring.

He is undefeated, by virtue of abundant skill combined with slick opponent selection, in the ring.

But, lest we forget, in public debate he has been KTFO'd.

It happened on the Eminem channel on Sirius Radio, on the Shade 45 program and it was rapper-fight fan RA, the Rugged Man who "reps" Suffolk County on Long Island, who mopped the floor with a babbling, nonsensical, nearly delirious Mayweather.

RA, the Rugged Man, handled Mayweather like it was "easy work" and Mayweather had the audacity to say that, "when I leave boxing, it will die."

This interview took place on Oct. 31, 2009, and Mayweather has fought only once, his points victory over Sugar Shane Mosley last May 1, since that time.

As far as I know, Manny Pacquiao and boxing rolled on.

In another brutal left-right-left combo, Mayweather brags on never losing and RA counters with:

"Rocky Marciano was 49-0 so was he better than Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes?"

Mayweather took a standing eight count on that one.

'Nuff said!

http://hiphopruckus.com/2009/10/ra-t...own-size.html/

Comment

This guy is not a journalist you’re just a fucking troll. We have some big fight going on tonight! And this is what you chose to write about?

Comment

Uhhh dude gave Floyd **** for not fighting legit welterweights, so Floyd fought the top rated welterweight in Shane Mosley and won 11 rounds.

What has the nobody said about Floyd since?

Comment

Micheal Marley is an idiot. RA The Rugged man knows boxing but some of the things he said were incredibly silly. He said Floyd should fight Mosley and he did so he has to give him credit for that now. Period.

Comment

Rugged Man has amazing skills but has managed his career like sht,at one time he turned down multiple deals that would have made him a millionaire,but he was to cocky and that is why he will forever live in the underground.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                Rugged Man has amazing skills but has managed his career like sht,at one time he turned down multiple deals that would have made him a millionaire,but he was to cocky and that is why he will forever live in the underground.
                He's not good.

Comment

I was just thinking about this radio interview the other day. I was wondering if RA had anything to say after he watched Mayweather defeat Mosley, especially since he repeatedly said Mayweather should fight Mosley, but he's afraid to fight him. I couldn't find a peep from him.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    But you know the way these underground rap cats think... mainstream = sellout. The spot that Eminem has now (The dope white rapper) is the spot R.A. should've had A LONG TIME AGO. If you ask me, I think R.A. would rip Eminem a new one in a battle!

Comment

Working...
                    X