No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury isn't ready for Kubrat Pulev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Pulev looks pretty decent, especially for the heavies this day and age.

A lot of people don't seem to remember Floyd going into the Genaro Hernandez fight (#1 130 fighter in the world) had done NOTHING. Andre Ward going into the Kessler fight (#1 168 in the world) had done NOTHING that good yet.
    Just like Martinez going into the Contron fight had Nothing. GGG going into the Macklin fight has nothing. Same can be said for just about any fighter until they had their first big opportunity.

Just let the fighters get a chance to progress their careers, sheesh. To say a guy doesn't have talent or skills or "what makes them special" based on their early career résumé, doesn't even make sense. Because every fighter in the history of the world at one point hadnt fought anyone that "made them special" ......so what does that have to do with being able to judge a fighter prior to "that fight." It would make it impossible

And those fighters clearly became good fighters, just like Pulev has the skills to be.

Edit: and no I do not think Pulev will beat Wlad. Out of all the active HWs, I think he has the best chance. But nobody beats Wlad right now. He's just that damn dominant.

(Inb4 people say Pulev was never good and chitty name on Wlads resume because he didnt beat Wlad. Instead of saying Wlad is good and beat a good fighter)
    Last edited by King_; 04-20-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
      What makes Pulev so special? Beating Dimitrenko? If Fury fights and beats him, he'll be another over hyped Heavyweight who had a weak resume.
      I do think Pulev is a little overrated by some posters here. However, he is a durable fighter. To my knowledge he has never been down even though he has been tagged with some real hard punches (from Travis Walker, for instance). His durability, his height (6'4˝), and his punching power (superior to Cunningham's) won't make things easy for Fury. Furthermore, Pulev is a fighter who brings the fight to his opponent, so he won't stand around watching as Kevin Johnson did, and is a relentless jabber.

Comment

I think Pulev gives most heavyweights problems to be honest

Comment

Wasnt impressed with Fury at all. i think he is being protected as he cannot take a punch at all. Cunningham (A CW with a weak chin and very light hitting at CW) had Fury in serious trouble when he knocked him down and also every time he caught fury clean. Tyson won on size alone. If he were facing a semi hard hitting 240 man he would have been Ko'd big IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
            Banks still fighting Mitchell? Thought he was fighting Jennings instead?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            They have Banks/Mitchell up on Boxrec, so IDK.

Comment

he'll never be ready, might as well fight now cuz he still has youth on his side

Comment

Have no fear when collective amnesia strikes I am here so let me remind everyone: This is a weak division with a lot of weak fighters waiting to be exposed, or grab the brass ring perhaps. Fury has shown himself to be another hype job. Onward and upward...next?

I doubt Fury could handle Chris A right now...seriously.

Comment

Working...
                X