No announcement yet.

Pinky finger injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinky finger injury

I got an injury to my pinky finge rof my right hand. I can make a fist, but the finger is sort of not in tucked in properly, and I get some minor pain down the side of my hand when I try and tuck it in normally. It also hurts bad with any contact, like just bumping it the wrong way or whatever. The pain is sort of at the bottom of the finger but also a bit at the top. It hurts bad when I hit my opponent with it in sparring ( I know you are supposed to use the front 2 knuckles, but sometimes in the heat of an exchange it gets caught) and yeah same with the bag.

Weirdly though, it isn't really swollen. It's been for about 2 weeks. I haven't really been sparring with it since i hurt it, but fought 3 times in the last week with it (didn't feel any pain during the fights, mainly cause of adrenaline in the heat of the fight and painkillers and stuff, but afterwards and before I was fully warm on the pads, it was hurting)

Anyway so anyone got an idea of what it could be? It can't be fractured right? Cause there is no swelling? Could it just be a sprain?

This didn't really happen suddenly. There has always been a mild sort of stiffness in it for ages, not really something I took notice of, but it just sort of came on to the point where it was stopping me from hitting properly in the last few weeks

Also what would be a treatment? I've been icing it a bit, but it isn't doing much besides temporary relief while it is still numb.

Comment

Id say lay off hitting things for like 2 weeks and just work on shadow boxing and jogging.

Comment

Ya that's what I'm doing anyways. I had those 3 fights in a short time plus a hard preparation for them, so I'm having a few light weeks anyway.

Comment

NOt too sure what it is but maybe your body telling you to take it easy for a week.

My problem is that ive got a 1 centimetre cut on my pinky knuckle and its taking ages to close up and i cant punch.
          Do cuts normally take 2 weeks to close?

Comment

if you swing wildly you are going to risk injury,were you throwing wild haymakers,lay of the bag for awhile until the finger and your wrists heal
            Last edited by mrboxer; 09-08-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X