Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Manny Actually Get Better? Or Opponents Perfect for him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's have stayed at 135 or even 140 the improvements would be much more obvious but they were definitely there. 147 was a division over his best imo and it showed when he faced guys who had a bad style for him.

Comment

Originally posted by StarPower View Post
      Im not going to throw dirt on Manny but Clottey is a bum. Everybody on this site is all about resume so I ask you who has Clottey ever beat? His best wins are still Zab Judah and Chico Coralles years after their prime.
      I agree,but a bum is a bit much imo..I'm not saying he is a great fighter,but he is a good fighter..I also stand by what I said,he would have giving anybody at WW at the time a hard fight..I agree he does not have the best resume,but the dude passes the eye test..He's no Mccloskey Foreman Jennings etc etc kinda fighter..If you called anyone of those guy''s bums you'd get no argument from me..Clottey is better then that tho..

Comment

He didn't get better, he just stopped fighting hall of fame fighters.

The quality of Barrera Morales and Marquez far exceeds cotto, margarito, clottey etc.

Not only do Barrera Morales and Marquez have exceptional ring iq's and craftiness, but they have balls and hearts of steel.

They're the kind of fighters that you have to be special to beat.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-29-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I agree,but a bum is a bit much imo..I'm not saying he is a great fighter,but he is a good fighter..I also stand by what I said,he would have giving anybody at WW at the time a hard fight..I agree he does not have the best resume,but the dude passes the eye test..He's no Mccloskey Foreman Jennings etc etc kinda fighter..If you called anyone of those guy''s bums you'd get no argument from me..Clottey is better then that tho..
          I wouldnt even go as far as good fighter. To me hes a serviceable fighter at best. My problem with him is he couldnt pull the trigger.

Comment

I wouldnt even go as far as good fighter. To me hes a serviceable fighter at best. My problem with him is he couldnt pull the trigger.
            Against Manny,but when was that ever the case with anyone else??

Comment

Give it a rest clottey was never good was a straight out bum and could have been good if he let his hands go. Stop trying to make clottey something he isnt

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                Give it a rest clottey was never good was a straight out bum and could have been good if he let his hands go. Stop trying to make clottey something he isnt
                Can you please point out where I did so??Until then stfu...

Comment

Im not going to throw dirt on Manny but Clottey is a bum. Everybody on this site is all about resume so I ask you who has Clottey ever beat? His best wins are still Zab Judah and Chico Coralles years after their prime.
                  There was a poll here Guerrero vs Clottey, Clottey won 90-10. Clottey >>> JMM's 2nd best scalp.

Comment

No, he's the most overrated fighter in the history of the sport, fought guys when they were vulnerable and never fought guys in their primes. He beat an old morales and barrera and fought margacheato at 150 for a 154 pound belt. Margacheato already got his ass beat my mosley. Mosley called PAC out and manny team said no and decided to fight margacheato. Manny fought clottey who had loss a controversial fight with cotto. Fought cotto at a Catchweight after he was still traumatized by that plaster beat down from margacheato. He then fights mosley after floyd disposes of him. Sorry but he's overrated as hell. Floyd would've beaten him IMO. Just my opinion.

Comment

Cotto was there for the taking. Margarito as well. But he couldnt pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X