Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Would Consider a Return To Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Cotto returns to 147, it should be for a Berto fight.

Comment

Cotto should really worry about Foreman before consulting the ghost of boxing future

Comment

All I know is that if there is a vacant welterweight title, he's moving down with "not a lot of trouble".

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
          The fight should have been made after Mayweather beat Hatton and Cotto beat Mosley. Now Cotto is not the same guy. Still great 2 me. I mean, his only 2 loses are questionable when u think about it. He took 11 rounds of hell from a brick slinger and another 12 rounds of punches from a suspected steroid user. Cotto might not have been that skilled or had the best defense. He might not had been able 2 beat Floyd even b4 all of that but I think dude needs 2 get more respect. He's a throwback fighter. He's never been in a boring match. Accepted his loses like a man and is just trying 2 get back 2 where he was at b4 all of that. Props 2 Miguel.
          I agree with you on that totally. Cotto has my props and respect
          as a fighter. I was never totally sold on him skill wise but he comes
          to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BadNewz View Post
            Floyd would beat Cotto down with one hand tied behind his back. Cotto is one of the most overrated fighters of his generation.
            Co-sign!

Margarito vs. Cotto 2... This time Margo will retire Cotto for good!
            MAKE IT HAPPEN Bob Father!

Comment

@BoxeoBoriqua, jumping on the Floyd Sr. bandwagon, eh?

Comment

i dont know why everyone is calling for cotto vs. mayweather. that fight should have happened after cotto beat mosley. cotto would get schooled by mayweather, no joke. if you thought pacquiao was too fast for him? spare the dude the embarrassment. i think a rematch with margarito would be good, ko the cheater and get your honor back. berto seems like a good fight. and if bradley, alexander or any of the other 140s wana step it up to 147, i think cotto would make good fights for them as well. no way he stays at 154.

secondly, im pretty excited to see how he does in the foreman fight, now that he has a REAL TRAINER! if you're not happy with a situation, that's fine. but you can't knock it too much when it's gotten you so far. sometimes the fact that you hate something is the reason it brings out the best in you. kind of like boot camp. dude has to realize he can't run his own camp with a fitness coach as a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  Hes gonna defend the belt at 154 thats y cotto pac 2 will happen at 154
                  this is the most likely scenario, knowing how Arum thinks. **** Pac-FLoyd, it's Pac-everyone else... this, I think, is Arum agenda. i could be wrong, and i wish i'm wrong!

Comment

I think Cotto read my post he should go back to welter-weight jr middleweight is to dangerous for him good luck against foreman though.

Comment

There goes Cotto doing the dirty work for Arum... Pac didnt want to go for the belt at 154 cus Yuri was too tall... Cotto now goes for it, and guess what happens? lol Arum is a piece of ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X