No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Eyes Andre Ward Shot, Farias Up First

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James DeGale Eyes Andre Ward Shot, Farias Up First

James DeGale (14-1, 9KOs) will defend his WBC Silver super middleweight championship on March 23rd against Pablo Farias (24-2, 16KOs) at Glow, Bluewater in Kent. The fight will be televised by WealthTV and streamed on wealthtv.com. Faraias has won five in a row since being stopped by Arthur Abraham in five rounds last January in Germany.

[Click Here To Read More]

Who is James kidding?

He should fight Sakio Bika and I doubt he even beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Who is James kidding?

He should fight Sakio Bika and I doubt he even beats him.
      I actually think that he is improving a little.

He seems to know how to throw his left with some bad intentions now. Lots to improve (getting trapped on the ropes, thinking hes better defensively than he is etc) but i reckon he is creeping up to world level. Sakio Bika would be a good fight to see where he is.

We shall see.

But yeah right now (probably always) Ward clowns him.

Comment

Lol hahahaha he beats bums and now he wants to fight for a world championship.

Comment

I hope the Cobra bites and fights me

JAMES DeGALE has pleaded with Carl Froch to fight him before hanging up his gloves next year.

Super-middleweight DeGale defends his WBC Silver title against Argentine Pablo Farias, 25, at Bluewater’s Glow arena on March 23.

And the Beijing Olympic gold medallist is hoping Froch does not emulate Joe Calzaghe by walking away before agreeing to a blockbuster domestic dust-up.

DeGale, 27, said: “I know Froch was bitterly annoyed when Calzaghe quit boxing instead of fighting him, so he knows exactly what it is like to be swerved.

“Froch has his upcoming fight with Mikkel Kessler in May and has then targeted two rematches — one with Lucian Bute and another with Andre Ward, who beat him.

“I’ve read that after those three fights he will consider ending his career. All I am asking is for him fight me before hanging up his gloves.

“Looking at Froch, he is not the kind of man to swerve anyone or anything.

“Froch was always calling out Calzaghe but never got that fight — and I think he would have beaten him at that stage.

“It would be great if Froch stayed around long enough for us to meet.”

Ex-British champion DeGale takes on Farias having finally overcome a troublesome knee injury.

He added: “I’ve kept quiet about it until now as I didn’t want anyone to think I was making excuses about my performances.

“I damaged my knee when I cracked it against a table and it led to calcium deposits building up behind the joint so I couldn’t bend it properly. I could only bend it 30 per cent of what it should be.

“After physio and rehab it is close to what it should be and for the first time in ages I will get into a ring pain free.”

Also on DeGale’s radar is arch-rival George Groves, who defeated him on points back in May 2011.

But promoter Mick Hennessy said: “I have spoken to Groves’ manager Adam Booth and he has said a bout between them is at least 18 months away — and would have to be for a world title.”

DeGale’s immediate plan is to become the mandatory challenger for the WBC title by the end of the year.
          http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...fight-him.html

Comment

Froch beats the crap out of him even worse than Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              I actually think that he is improving a little.

He seems to know how to throw his left with some bad intentions now. Lots to improve (getting trapped on the ropes, thinking hes better defensively than he is etc) but i reckon he is creeping up to world level. Sakio Bika would be a good fight to see where he is.

We shall see.

But yeah right now (probably always) Ward clowns him.
              I don't think so at all personally I think he's getting worse and settling in to terrible habits.

I thought he lost the fight he won the European title in and he has looked quite poor in almost all his fights since then.

He looks dead average at European level IMO.

Comment

Degale has wasted his talent by sticking with that muppet Mcdonagh

He doesn't understand Degales talent at all and has actually regressed him

real shame because Degale was one of the most naturally gifted fighters the UK has had, but the less gifted George Groves has long surpassed him.

Comment

Lmao C'mon son

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I don't think so at all personally I think he's getting worse and settling in to terrible habits.

I thought he lost the fight he won the European title in and he has looked quite poor in almost all his fights since then.

He looks dead average at European level IMO.
                    Not sure, i can see some things which i like... like i say i think hes punching harder, his left hand in particular looks good (Al Bernstien made the comment that when he goes lefty his back hand is very good, when he fights righty he has a great jab), he counters well at times, though he gets hit too much doing it imo. You could be right but i can see him picking up a world level win in the future, from there who knows...

I agree with Earl above about his trainer mind. Hes a motivator, great for fitness and stuff but for training technique, game plans, and the finer points of the game he seems a little lacking. But then Degale obviously feels they have a good bond which is just as important.

Comment

Working...
                    X