Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is James Toney The Hardest Hitter In MMA Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mighty Mo is another guy who punches very hard.

If we are bringing kicks into it then CroCop and several others also hit harder than Toney.

Comment

Overall Power it has to go to Overeem or Manhoef.

Overeem had Fujita carried out of Saitama Super Arena on a slab

Manhoef caved in the side of Mark Hunts skulls.

Both are incredible feats.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
        While I believe you're correct in Toney having 1punch ko power in mma I seriously doubt that a right hand is better than a leg kick.

Simply because the right hand would never land...
        yeah, i never thought about that, Shogun is way to allusive for Toney.

Comment

Of course Toney is a harder PUNCHER than any1 in mma except maybe Fedor

Toneys mastered the art of punching while other mma fighters have to worry bout kicks

Comment

Carwin hits harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Of course Toney is a harder PUNCHER than any1 in mma except maybe Fedor

Toneys mastered the art of punching while other mma fighters have to worry bout kicks
              harder than Mercer?

Mercer is the obvious answer to me.

Comment

Toney is over the hill and isn't known as a knockout artist

Toney breaks guys down and hasn't stopped anyone in a while, Toney is a better BOXER but not neccessarely a country mile ahead in punchin POWER. There are harder punchers in MMA but they dont have good technique for combos ect..

Comment

Toney stopped Greer in his last fight. Greer probably has better boxing/standup skills than most UFC fighters.

Trust me, if poor boxing technicians like Liddell can KO Couture, Toney has 100x the ability to do the same - if the fight stays standing. However, if Couture is intelligent, he will take Toney down and win within the first minute. Although, I have a nagging feeling he will want to try and prove his dominance over the vastly outmatched boxer and try to stand up with him, and if he does that it's 'lights out'.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
                    Toney stopped Greer in his last fight. Greer probably has better boxing/standup skills than most UFC fighters.

Trust me, if poor boxing technicians like Liddell can KO Couture, Toney has 100x the ability to do the same - if the fight stays standing. However, if Couture is intelligent, he will take Toney down and win within the first minute. Although, I have a nagging feeling he will want to try and prove his dominance over the vastly outmatched boxer and try to stand up with him, and if he does that it's 'lights out'.
                    I have my doubts that Randy will stand in front of Toney. Randy does, however have a history of standing in front of guys on the feet for too long and getting KO'd, as it happened against Chuck and Lesnar both. Still, in the case of Chuck, he had been successful in the standup in their first fight, and was probably overconfident coming in. In the Brock fight, he had been having success landing strikes, and was probably overconfident in his superior striking coming into that one as well. I don't expect Randy to stand in front of Toney for even a second longer than he has to, but at the same time, I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if he did indeed do so. I consider it a long shot at best, but anything's possible. If it were to happen, I would expect it to come from Randy camping out longer than he needs to rather than being overconfident and trying to strike with Toney. Short of that, it's not inconceivable that he could be caught with an uppercut when he shoots (unlikely, but you never know) or mauled on the inside when he tries to clinch (again, unlikely, but you never know. If anyone knows how to punch on the inside it's Toney; by the same token though, if anyone knows how to control somebody from the clinch, that man is Randy).
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 07-08-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                      harder than Mercer?

Mercer is the obvious answer to me.
                      I agree that Mercer is obviously the hardest puncher in MMA (ever). Does anyone know though if he has plans to fight again? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

Working...
                      X