Chris Eubank vs Bernard Hopkins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Super Middleweight = Bogus Division
    Thats a broad statement ,considering the Bogus Divisions !
    Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    yes mate i am ...i just think Eubank on his day was good enough/awkward enough to beat Hopkins ....another thing in their primes Eubanks was much bigger !
    agreed .......

Comment

Originally posted by garryd View Post
      Thats a broad statement ,considering the Bogus Divisions !
      Any division tagged with "Junior" or "Super" is bogus in my book

Poet

Comment

And I do: Old-School-Eight or it don't rate!

Poet
        Whats the point though, boxing has changed. Maybe not for the better but you gotta adapt or you won't be able to enjoy the sport any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          Whats the point though, boxing has changed. Maybe not for the better but you gotta adapt or you won't be able to enjoy the sport any longer.
          I'm not obligated in any way to change to suit others. The whole world can change for all I care: I will remain me and stay true to myself.

I ignore the aspects of the sport I dislike and focus on those I do. Or in the case weight classes mentally bump fighters up to the next legitimate weight class.

Now in a situation where practically every aspect of a sport changes into something I dislike I simply stop watching the sport. I used to watch the NBA back in the 1980s. When it turned into a wrestling match in the paint and a never ending series of 85-80 games in the 1990s I stopped watching it. It's kind of like having a favorite soda and then the company changes the formula on you to a flavor you dislike: Under those circumstances I'm not going to keep drinking that soda hoping I'll eventually tune out the fact I don't like the taste.

Poet

Comment

I'm not obligated in any way to change to suit others. The whole world can change for all I care: I will remain me and stay true to myself.

I ignore the aspects of the sport I dislike and focus on those I do. Or in the case weight classes mentally bump fighters up to the next legitimate weight class.

Now in a situation where practically every aspect of a sport changes into something I dislike I simply stop watching the sport. I used to watch the NBA back in the 1980s. When it turned into a wrestling match in the paint and a never ending series of 85-80 games in the 1990s I stopped watching it. It's kind of like having a favorite soda and then the company changes the formula on you to a flavor you dislike: Under those circumstances I'm not going to keep drinking that soda hoping I'll eventually tune out the fact I don't like the taste.

Poet
            I think they call that living in the dark ages

Comment

I think they call that living in the dark ages
              Like I said, the only person in this world I'm obligated to please is myself: No one else has any claim on me. I take what I like from yesterday and today and I reject the rest. I'm not going to like something because "everyone else does". Let me ask you something: If it suddenly became popular to eat dog **** would you line up at the buffet?

Poet

Comment

Like I said, the only person in this world I'm obligated to please is myself: No one else has any claim on me. I take what I like from yesterday and today and I reject the rest. I'm not going to like something because "everyone else does". Let me ask you something: If it suddenly became popular to eat dog **** would you line up at the buffet?

Poet
                wow .....how do you sleep at night ??

Comment

wow .....how do you sleep at night ??
                  Very well thank you! You'd be surprised how well you can sleep when you're secure in who you are and aren't worried about going along with the crowd. My likes and dislikes aren't determined by other people: I decide what I like and dislike, no one else. If others don't like that then that's THEIR problem not mine. I'll never jettison my individuality to run with the crowd from fad to fad. Losers conform, people who are their own person transform.

Poet

Comment

Very well thank you! You'd be surprised how well you can sleep when you're secure in who you are and aren't worried about going along with the crowd. My likes and dislikes aren't determined by other people: I decide what I like and dislike, no one else. If others don't like that then that's THEIR problem not mine. I'll never jettison my individuality to run with the crowd from fad to fad. Losers conform, people who are their own person transform.

Poet
                    You sound like a nonce case to me

Comment

Originally posted by garryd View Post
                      You sound like a nonce case to me
                      You sound like a shallow conformist to me (or a kid: The same thing come to think of it). Let me know when you grow a set and stop being worried about how popular you are.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X