10 fighters that would that would beat a Prime Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we add anymore to this list?

Comment

Michael Spinks is a 'pure' boxer now (Whatever that means) ?, he was as awkward as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
        Harold Johnson Harold Johnson Harold Johnson

Comment

I don't pick many old timers to beat modern greats H2H, it;s just way too different, the body's and build of guys would be too much. There's a significant difference between guys from the 60's-present to the guys from the 1900's-1950ish. There just is. So i really can't pick old greats like Tunney (so underrated by most), Moore, Greb, Fitzsimmons, Charles, to beat Roy.

Sugar Ray Robsinson, he's a guy I think could have fought in any era. The others would be great close fights as well. Hagler, Monzon, Spinks, Qawi, would be great fights. You can also throw in Bob Foster in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            I don't pick many old timers to beat modern greats H2H, it;s just way too different, the body's and build of guys would be too much. There's a significant difference between guys from the 60's-present to the guys from the 1900's-1950ish. There just is. So i really can't pick old greats like Tunney (so underrated by most), Moore, Greb, Fitzsimmons, Charles, to beat Roy.

Sugar Ray Robsinson, he's a guy I think could have fought in any era. The others would be great close fights as well. Hagler, Monzon, Spinks, Qawi, would be great fights. You can also throw in Bob Foster in there as well.
            What about Harold Johnson?

He's more ripped than any active fighter except Tim Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              What about Harold Johnson?
              Damn I forgot about Harold. I think Harold could have fought in any era as well.

The only guys that have been mentioned, where if they were H2H I'd say it's a pick em' fight would be Marvin Hagler, Michael Spinks, and Carlos Monzon.

Ray Robinson would be as well, only at 160 of course, where Roy was young but still really good.

I'd favor Roy above the rest, only Johnson, Foster, Qawi, would be great fights.

Comment

Working...
              X