No announcement yet.

team Golovkin STFU or put him in with some1 elite already

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    He's been fighting top 10 comp. At least it's something. This day and age elite=popularity sometimes.
    Popularity = money. You still have to fight at least one quality fighter to be elite

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      Popularity = money. You still have to fight at least one quality fighter to be elite
      The quality of the fighter is very subjective though.

Had GGG fought Lee, Quillin, or Jacobs instead of Lemieux, people would say he needs to fight Lemieux and that Lee, Qullin or Jacobs were not good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Compare who he fought to get top 5 p4p to Nonito donaire....this dude blitzed champions across 4 weight classes before he was that high

Mayweather had to be lineal at 130 with 8 defenses and 5 of those title fights were over reigning or future titlists/champions

Look at Chocolatito.....now that's a beast 3 weight champion and in a talent latent division and destroyed Viloria who is better than anyone GGG gas fought

Kovalev beat Hopkins, Pascal, etc.
        You're comparing Golovkin to guys jumping around weight classes at bantamweight. The difference between the 4 divisions that Donaire climbed is about ten pounds, basically the difference between GGG's division and the next one up. Same with Chocolatito, those guys jump around weight classes all the time because the difference in weight is so small. Mayweather's the best example of a guy who slowly moved up but even then we're talking about jumps of five pounds over a few years.

Heavier guys don't move around in weight classes that much anymore, or if they do it's because they can't make the weight. Hopkins went from middleweight to light heavyweight, but he's also fighting at 50 years old which most elite boxers can't maintain. JCC Jr. moved up in weight because he was an undisciplined fatass. I can't think of anyone that has moved up with notable success in the last five years, it simply doesn't happen that often in bigger weight classes because the differences in weight become more pronounced.

Comment

This thread basically amounts to complaining that GGG should move up in weight. Simply put, he doesn't have to move up in weight and it doesn't make good business sense for him or his team to do it. There are no big fights at SMW for him besides Carl Froch that are worth the risk of moving up. Degale and Ward don't bring in the fanbase that justifies the risk they present, especially to a fighter like Golovkin that would have to move up in weight to meet them. He's never going to move up and fight those guys straight out. He could move up and fight the likes of Groves, Jack, Abraham etc. to establish himself at the weight, but why do that when he's already established himself at middleweight?

Comment

Dude is a good fighter but his team yaps too much, he'll fight this person or that person, but he is almost 34 years old and has the resume of a guy in his 20s.

He has all the talent in the world but they are wasting it on c and d level opposition

I never saw a fighter do so little, get so much hype in my life.

His ppv tanked because he hasn't fought anyone from 160-175 with more than a 20% chance of winning

I hope next year he tangles with Lee or Qullin if they win there next fights....Jacobs is ok but is chinny and Saunders is ok but no world beater

He should fight the winner of Lee-Saunders and Quillen-Jacobs

I don't know why his fans don't support him moving up and challenging himself, when they act like it s a requirement for other fighters
            Tell your homies to stop ducking or stop hiding behind Haymon.

Quillin and Jacobs are hiding behind Haymon.

Quillin wants 5 million+ to fight GGG.

Cotto just lost, never wanted to fight GGG, is too small

Canelo is making excuses, says he is not ready yet to fight at 160.

Saunders said he is not ready to fight GGG, maybe in 18 months.

Lee is locked in to fight Quillin/Jacobs winner because his promoter works with Haymon. (Lou di Bella)

Why the **** do i have to tell you all of that?

Dont you know Shhit about BOXING???

Friggin casuals.

Comment

In the thread:

Some random casual GGG hater, calling himself therealpugilist and doesnt know SIIHT about boxing.

Even has red karma because he posts trash all day long and everyone says fck this guy.

And then this very casual feels obliged to open a thread that just shows he is a friggin random hater who knows NOTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
                You're comparing Golovkin to guys jumping around weight classes at bantamweight. The difference between the 4 divisions that Donaire climbed is about ten pounds, basically the difference between GGG's division and the next one up. Same with Chocolatito, those guys jump around weight classes all the time because the difference in weight is so small. Mayweather's the best example of a guy who slowly moved up but even then we're talking about jumps of five pounds over a few years.

Heavier guys don't move around in weight classes that much anymore, or if they do it's because they can't make the weight. Hopkins went from middleweight to light heavyweight, but he's also fighting at 50 years old which most elite boxers can't maintain. JCC Jr. moved up in weight because he was an undisciplined fatass. I can't think of anyone that has moved up with notable success in the last five years, it simply doesn't happen that often in bigger weight classes because the differences in weight become more pronounced.
                its not about moving up in weights....its level of competition and GGG has not faced the level of opposition to place him among the top ten fighters in the world....he hasn't even faced the best middleweight contenders or titleholders yet....that's my point

Comment

Dude is a good fighter but his team yaps too much, he'll fight this person or that person, but he is almost 34 years old and has the resume of a guy in his 20s.

He has all the talent in the world but they are wasting it on c and d level opposition

I never saw a fighter do so little, get so much hype in my life.

His ppv tanked because he hasn't fought anyone from 160-175 with more than a 20% chance of winning

I hope next year he tangles with Lee or Qullin if they win there next fights....Jacobs is ok but is chinny and Saunders is ok but no world beater

He should fight the winner of Lee-Saunders and Quillen-Jacobs

I don't know why his fans don't support him moving up and challenging himself, when they act like it s a requirement for other fighters
                  Aaaaaaaand another Golovkin thread!

:bukkake:

Comment

GGG is the only elite fighter at the weight, everyone else is a cheap imitation. Only real challenge at the weight would have been Pirog and he ain't coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
                      Aaaaaaaand another Golovkin thread!

:bukkake:
                      this thread was made weeks ago ...someone pumped it genius

Comment

Working...
                      X