• Show
Clear All

• Edwin Rosario

Whats your take on him?

Great fighter but doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Great fighter but doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame
      I disagree 100%. He nearly beat a prime CAMACHO! I scored that fight a draw, but it coulda been scored in Chapo's favor too. Plus he destroyed the very skilled Bramble in 2 rounds, something nobody else did before or since. Also knocked out the annoying but elusive Loreto Garza, who beat Vinny Paz and Juan Martin Coggi.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
        I disagree 100%. He nearly beat a prime CAMACHO! I scored that fight a draw, but it coulda been scored in Chapo's favor too. Plus he destroyed the very skilled Bramble in 2 rounds, something nobody else did before or since. Also knocked out the annoying but elusive Loreto Garza, who beat Vinny Paz and Juan Martin Coggi.
        So a close loss and wins over Bramble and Garva = HOF

Comment

For once I agree with SCT and, had voting occurred under current top 3 (instead of top 5) rules, not sure he gets in. Rosario was fun but up and down as a fighter and less accomplished than many men who linger on the ballot. I don't think almost beating "prime" Camacho is worth as much as Pastrano does. I always thought Macho was heavily overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            So a close loss and wins over Bramble and Garva = HOF
            Makes about as much sense as calling Sumbu Kalambay an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              For once I agree with SCT and, had voting occurred under current top 3 (instead of top 5) rules, not sure he gets in. Rosario was fun but up and down as a fighter and less accomplished than many men who linger on the ballot. I don't think almost beating "prime" Camacho is worth as much as Pastrano does. I always thought Macho was heavily overrated.

At that point in his career Camacho was dazzling as a fighter. His entire career may be over rated, but in my opinion up until he moved to 140 he would have been a threat to many greats at 130 and 135.

Comment

El Chappo was one tough guy. I still believe that Rosario won that bout against Camacho. Aswell I believe that Rosario essentialy ruined Camacho, he would never engage in combat as he did before facing Rosario. After his bout with Rosario Camacho was pitty-pat and run away. Rosario was impressive in stopping Bramble but I wouldn't consider him H.O.F material.........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

At that point in his career Camacho was dazzling as a fighter. His entire career may be over rated, but in my opinion up until he moved to 140 he would have been a threat to many greats at 130 and 135.

I'm not so sure. Character counts and I think Camacho lacked it in the ring (not talking about his antics...his will to win under real fire). He had a good chin and would have survived a lot of beatings, but I can't see him beating a prime Arguello or Nelson; Chavez beats him at any weight. Camacho beat some good fighters but was carefully handled and I never saw him beat a still "G"reat one; the few he fought beat the hell out of him (granting that was 140 and up where he was already slipped but, still, not even competitive). I'm not sure Camacho could have beaten Roger Mayweather, who was HELL on anyone who couldn't stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

a boxer that fast and that skilled with a granite chin is a nightmare for anybody. long night.

i actually feel he is underrated. maybe not his body of work, but his favorability H2H

but of course that depends entirely on who you are talking to, and not the fighter necessarily

Comment

Working...
                    X