Collapse
No announcement yet.

when was cotto's prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote the essay as I started typing on this tablet I have which sucks BTW because of autofil and I'm not too good with tablets anyway.lol....

But my laptop is down currently....anyway, it'll make sense once you read it...I bring it all together at the end....

Manny's fans and Floyd's despisers are super sad.lol

I mean, my thread gets bashed but threads like:

Mayweather promotions is currently accepting applications and:

Did Floyd ask for a catch weight when he beat his wife type of threads get praised by many on here....

Lol...man have times changed?

Hell no, Floyd still gets unfair and blind hatred from people on here...

Hey DLT, this is what we've come to huh old pal?lol...

This forum should be labled nonstop don't know sh1+ about boxing forum. Shout out 2 roger mayweather
    Last edited by pbftxrs316; 07-31-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Cotto was prime up until round 6 of marg 1. He was very confident and on point in the first half of that fight just like a primed fighter

Comment

I honestly felt Margacheato faced the best Cotto. He was getting and better, after that fight he was never the same.

Comment

Not a 2nd prime version of himself, but compare him with when manny and Floyd fought him....and the years Floyd "ducked" him, which is no years so it should be easy for you cowgirl...

Oh, and 4 those who don't know.....I type in essays and have been doing so since I joined this forum almost 7 years ago....

I'm an essay....but I'm African American. Lol. Just a little essay humor...lol.

Comment

Cotto's peak years were 2006-2008. He wasn't bad at all afterwards, but the Margarito fight put a big dent into his career and overall how he fought from them on.

Comment

Guys and gals alike...what do you feel about cotto's vacated title wins?

And I love cotto, don't get me wrong....everything about this kid boxing wise, where it matter, inside that ring once the bell rings is special to me.....he is a class act and everything good about boxing....i love him to death....i'm a fighter myself but I'm an emotional fan....when cotto fights, he brings out emotions in people who love him and appreciate his heart in that squared circle...and i'm not ashamed to admit and get bashed and made fun of 4 it...he deserves success because he gives us everything he has to entertain us in that ring....and I'm so proud of that kid to overcome so much and bounce back, even in life threatening defeat.... He'll bounce back...he has it in him...besides margarito, no fighter has really disrespected him, well, mayorga excluded.lol

But from Floyd and Manny to Mosley and malanaggi, and all in between, cotto is well liked, loved, admired, and respected....so tearing up for him whether he wins or is defeated is an honor for me because I know the sacrifice and passion that goes into this sport..it's deadly...it really is...fighters have lost their lives trying to please us...crying for them is the least I can do....I know the sacrifice...

Comment

So this isn't a bash cotto thread....Floyd "higher standards" Mayweather is the reason for this thread....and Manny "light's still out" pacquiao is held to lower standards from you people....

And you know when there's too many PAC fans on here when you see a whole page of threads talking about how there's too many flowmo's on here defending Floyd.lol.

Damm, now you add a w to flo mo so it won't be used as a bad word.lol..man, the irony....it's used that much by people on here...
                Last edited by pbftxrs316; 07-31-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Cotto's prime was anything before margs fight,,,

margs ruined him

cotto's peak was 2006-2008
                  in 04,05 cotto was still getting hit by torres and chop-chops,,, he seemed stronger and better at welter

i agree with most of this, though i will vouch for the power of corley and especially torres. chop chop had underrated power with his right hook. hell, he even shook up floyd mayweather. and torres could flat out bang.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                    Guys and gals alike...what do you feel about cotto's vacated title wins?

And I love cotto, don't get me wrong....everything about this kid boxing wise, where it matter, inside that ring once the bell rings is special to me.....he is a class act and everything good about boxing....i love him to death....i'm a fighter myself but I'm an emotional fan....when cotto fights, he brings out emotions in people who love him and appreciate his heart in that squared circle...and i'm not ashamed to admit and get bashed and made fun of 4 it...he deserves success because he gives us everything he has to entertain us in that ring....and I'm so proud of that kid to overcome so much and bounce back, even in life threatening defeat.... He'll bounce back...he has it in him...besides margarito, no fighter has really disrespected him, well, mayorga excluded.lol

But from Floyd and Manny to Mosley and malanaggi, and all in between, cotto is well liked, loved, admired, and respected....so tearing up for him whether he wins or is defeated is an honor for me because I know the sacrifice and passion that goes into this sport..it's deadly...it really is...fighters have lost their lives trying to please us...crying for them is the least I can do....I know the sacrifice...
                    In an era where there's more champions than actual contenders, I don't think belts really put Cotto any higher than the overall body of work he's cemented over his career. A win for the Middleweight title for him would be huge, but when all is said and done nobody can deny Cotto fought the best out there more times than not. Solid fighter in our era.

Comment

From his first fight at 147 to the first margacheato fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X