No announcement yet.

The jab, right hand and the elbows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The jab, right hand and the elbows

When snapping the jab and firing the right hand, it's best to always keeps the elbows down and not to let the elbows flare. This makes the shots less powerful and also telegraphs the punch.

Here is my question. If your shoulder mobility is poor, and when you stand in your stance, it's not comfortable to hold your forearms straight and verticle...(my elbows flare), what is the best stretch to loosen the shoulders to help keep my elbows down naturally to fire better straight shots?

Cheers.

Originally posted by BloodyWanker View Post
    When snapping the jab and firing the right hand, it's best to always keeps the elbows down and not to let the elbows flare. This makes the shots less powerful and also telegraphs the punch.

Here is my question. If your shoulder mobility is poor, and when you stand in your stance, it's not comfortable to hold your forearms straight and verticle...(my elbows flare), what is the best stretch to loosen the shoulders to help keep my elbows down naturally to fire better straight shots?

Cheers.
    You need to stretch your internal rotators and strengthen your external rotators.

Do a Google for suitable stretches / exercises. Let me know if you are unable to find something suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodyWanker View Post

Cheers.
      if you cant hold your forearms straight then you may be in the wrong sport

Comment

Working...
      X