Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: I'm Not Retiring, Likely Back at Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He still has fans, so maybe he can go back to fighting small guys and overpower them. Wlad and Vitali made careers outta that same formula.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      The irony is that the smallest guy in the 122 division that Donaired has fought b!tchslapped him out of the 122 division.
      Smallest guy at 122 happened to be the best at 122 also, so good that hed be favored to outbox anyone up to 126...you forgot to say that you silly littleman...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        Smallest guy at 122 happened to be the best at 122 also, so good that hed be favored to outbox anyone up to 126...you forgot to say that you silly littleman...
        Donaire will come back to 122 with his tail between his legs and challenge everyone for the number 2 spot.

Comment

Donaire can move back down but he is on a steady decline now and I think his face is just going to start falling apart in every fight he is in.

Comment

Sad for me to say as a Nonito fan, it was hard enough last night, but I believe he should start considering retirement. I think physically he is OKAY, however, mentally he has declined and has lost something that only true hunger can get back. You can't replicate genuine motivation and hunger. He even talked about thinking of giving up against Darchinyan. The mental aspect of boxing is huge and I just don't think his heart and mind are in it anymore, they are both shot.

Nonito, you have done enough man. Don't take unnecessary risks, realize that the love is not there anymore and enjoy the fruits of your labor. You have a beautiful family, enjoy them.

Comment

How is he going to make 122 now? Am I missing a weight class?

Comment

lol kinda funny he moves up in weight to avoid a rigo rematch and this is what happens. hes got that crazy left hook but the guy never really impressed me beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  Donaire needs to get a new trainer. Robert Garcia flat out sucks

And hes clearly too small against Walters. It reminded me of when Josesito Lopez fought Canelo
                  u do know he already left robert garcia and that even when he was with garcia his dad was still the lead trainer

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    Donaire will come back to 122 with his tail between his legs and challenge everyone for the number 2 spot.
                    I dont doubt it ....hell , i thought he had a good chance vs walters had he fought a little harder..but when he felt walters power, he pretty much gave up imo...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      I dont doubt it ....hell , i thought he had a good chance vs walters had he fought a little harder..but when he felt walters power, he pretty much gave up imo...
                      Yeah, he delivered his best punches and Walter took it steadily but once he felt Walter's power, he realize that he can't absorb too much of that blows then his mind started giving up

I always though that feathers is not for Nonito. He may have the height but not the real body & strenght of a true 126 pounders

Comment

Working...
                      X