No announcement yet.

Gyms within 10-15 hour drive from Toronto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyms within 10-15 hour drive from Toronto

I'm new to here and from what I've read there are some posters with some good knowledge. I am just wondering what and where the best professional boxing gyms around Toronto are? And when I mean around I mean within a 10 hour drive. So that includes Philly, Detroit, Montreal, New York, Pittsburgh etc. I just want to go somewhere with a good training team that's cheap where I can just live eat and sleep boxing and fight. Not interested in the quality of nightlife etc thanks in advance for your help

Originally posted by The_untouchable View Post
    I'm new to here and from what I've read there are some posters with some good knowledge. I am just wondering what and where the best professional boxing gyms around Toronto are? And when I mean around I mean within a 10 hour drive. So that includes Philly, Detroit, Montreal, New York, Pittsburgh etc. I just want to go somewhere with a good training team that's cheap where I can just live eat and sleep boxing and fight. Not interested in the quality of nightlife etc thanks in advance for your help
    Any gym that trains pro fighters regardless of level/ranking. You can learn a lot from journeymen and you will find a lot of them are skilled. You can find good trainers in the most unlikely places. Philly has a good gym called James Shuler Gym.

Comment

I can't speak on behalf of other places, but for Toronto the following gyms are worth checking out:

- Cabbagetown (it's been around for a long time, they take good care of their fighters and are probably more affordable than some of the other choices)
      - Atlas (Also been around for a very long time. Very good gym, the owner used to coach the Canadian Olympic boxing team. I haven't been there in a while but last time I checked they had a bunch of Gold medalists in the recent PanAm games and have a bunch of people competing in this years olympics. definitely worth a look)
      - Grant Brothers aka Headrush Training facility (Probably the newest out of all the known gyms. It's technically an MMA gym but don't let that discourage you from checking them out, they're also very good. there are a decent number of pros here and the boxing classes are solid from what I recall)
      - Sully's (I've never been there but it's apparently been around since the 60's and is supposed to be very good)

Hope that helps a bit. All the best

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
        I can't speak on behalf of other places, but for Toronto the following gyms are worth checking out:

- Cabbagetown (it's been around for a long time, they take good care of their fighters and are probably more affordable than some of the other choices)
        - Atlas (Also been around for a very long time. Very good gym, the owner used to coach the Canadian Olympic boxing team. I haven't been there in a while but last time I checked they had a bunch of Gold medalists in the recent PanAm games and have a bunch of people competing in this years olympics. definitely worth a look)
        - Grant Brothers aka Headrush Training facility (Probably the newest out of all the known gyms. It's technically an MMA gym but don't let that discourage you from checking them out, they're also very good. there are a decent number of pros here and the boxing classes are solid from what I recall)
        - Sully's (I've never been there but it's apparently been around since the 60's and is supposed to be very good)

Hope that helps a bit. All the best
        Hey man - thanks but those gyms aren't good at all, and grant brothers are in Montreal and that gym is a possibility. Thanks so much for ur help tho man

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
          Any gym that trains pro fighters regardless of level/ranking. You can learn a lot from journeymen and you will find a lot of them are skilled. You can find good trainers in the most unlikely places. Philly has a good gym called James Shuler Gym.
          Hey man thanks for the reply. I agree. I just would like somewhere where I can rent a room cheap and go to the gym everyday and just live eat and sleep boxing without spending too much money on living costs. I'll check out that gym. Thanks Man. Do u know of anymore in jersey/Philly/Detroit?

Comment

Hey man thanks for the reply. I agree. I just would like somewhere where I can rent a room cheap and go to the gym everyday and just live eat and sleep boxing without spending too much money on living costs. I'll check out that gym. Thanks Man. Do u know of anymore in jersey/Philly/Detroit?
            World Boxing Gym in Jersey City, New Jersey. Elite Heat Gym in Newark, New Jersey.

I don't know too much about Detroit.

New Jersey is going to be the most expensive to rent a place so if you can find a gym in Detroit that would be wise financially. Don't worry about how champs they have trained as long as there are pros in the stable it is a good gym to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
              World Boxing Gym in Jersey City, New Jersey. Elite Heat Gym in Newark, New Jersey.

I don't know too much about Detroit.

New Jersey is going to be the most expensive to rent a place so if you can find a gym in Detroit that would be wise financially. Don't worry about how champs they have trained as long as there are pros in the stable it is a good gym to learn.
              If we meet up I will take you to any gym in Detroit that you'd like.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                If we meet up I will take you to any gym in Detroit that you'd like.......
                Hey sorry for the late reply. Do you have an email or Instagram I can contact you on?

Comment

Hey man - thanks but those gyms aren't good at all, and grant brothers are in Montreal and that gym is a possibility. Thanks so much for ur help tho man
                  Just out of interest, why are those gyms no good?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                    Just out of interest, why are those gyms no good?
                    From what I have heard.

Comment

Working...
                    X