Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are IQ tests an accurate way to gauge a person's intelligence? And what is your IQ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    I shouldn't laugh, but....

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      Are you brand new to this forum?

**** Rack has a unique form of Aspergers. Hence the high IQ.
      lol!

analrack is so old that l forgot who first used the term in the 'dome and l'm older than the 'dome.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

I dunno mate... this was when I was around 8, so MANY years ago. Do they have different standards of IQ over in Fat Yankistan? Different numbers, I mean? I couldn't even get into Mensa with a 136 IQ.

I think back when I was a kid I probably wasn't as thick a **** as I am today. I remember being placed into a maths class above my year. Rather than sit there feelig proud my understanding of maths was above my age, I was just pissed off that I had to do more work.

My mum tells me a tale of how I once started to slow in class, when I'd been ahead. The teacher asked me if I was having trouble, and I just told her that I knew if I said I'd completed the work she'd just give me more to do.

What a lazy ****.

These days I get a migraine if I have to add 2 + 2... and my greatest achievement in life is logging onto this forum and telling people they're a bunch of ****s.

You're what l call a malingering genius which is not uncommon among gifted people. l got a student like that who is now a lawyer handling controversial cases that are shown on national tv. He got an lQ of 138 with 150 being the highest but underachieved when he was a high school student, doing only enough work to pass and sometimes being absent from school for a week because he doesn't feel like going. A malingering genius.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo's View Post
        lol!

analrack is so old that l forgot who first used the term in the 'dome and l'm older than the 'dome.

You're what l call a malingering genius which is not uncommon among gifted people. l got a student like that who is now a lawyer handling controversial cases that are shown on national tv. He got an lQ of 138 with 150 being the highest but underachieved when he was a high school student, doing only enough work to pass and sometimes being absent from school for a week because he doesn't feel like going. A malingering genius.
        Don't know about any genius level activity but I wasted my junior and senior years of highschool for ABSOLUTELY no reason at all, lol. I was in college English and taking Spanish IV I believe, but I only did just enough to get by. If I had to study, I said screw it...I wanted to make an easy A or I would take a C. College was definitely not on my mind in those days. A few years in the workforce changed my mind completely.

I later went on to do pretty well with a Mechanical Engineering degree in addition to a few Associate's after I decided to apply myself. These days it kind of burns me up when I think about how I just pissed away opportunities by not trying.

I kind of look at things as how my performance compares to my peers. I push myself to standout at work but not enough to frighten or offend those that I will need to depend on or collaborate with. I know to make my boss look good by doing a good job and not calling him out when he tries to scoop in and take the credit. I also knew what I was bringing to the table and threatened to leave for a better opportunity.......they gave me a raise and promised me on for the next several years as long as I stay around.

I just mention this simply because being able to analyze a situation and know exactly where you stand and what you can and can't do is intelligence on a level such that you won't typically learn this knowledge from a book, it will probably be an inherent ability.

There are plenty of very smart criminals and hustlers out there who dropped out of high school and have no formal education yet rely on critical situational analytical skills to amass great wealth and power. There are obviously many levels of what can be considered intelligence.

Comment

Hell yeah son. I'm smarter than all y'all mother****ers. I'm a mother****ing genius.

Free IQ Test
          Free IQ Test

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Don't know about any genius level activity but I wasted my junior and senior years of highschool for ABSOLUTELY no reason at all, lol. I was in college English and taking Spanish IV I believe, but I only did just enough to get by. If I had to study, I said screw it...I wanted to make an easy A or I would take a C. College was definitely not on my mind in those days. A few years in the workforce changed my mind completely.

I later went on to do pretty well with a Mechanical Engineering degree in addition to a few Associate's after I decided to apply myself. These days it kind of burns me up when I think about how I just pissed away opportunities by not trying.

I kind of look at things as how my performance compares to my peers. I push myself to standout at work but not enough to frighten or offend those that I will need to depend on or collaborate with. I know to make my boss look good by doing a good job and not calling him out when he tries to scoop in and take the credit. I also knew what I was bringing to the table and threatened to leave for a better opportunity.......they gave me a raise and promised me on for the next several years as long as I stay around.

I just mention this simply because being able to analyze a situation and know exactly where you stand and what you can and can't do is intelligence on a level such that you won't typically learn this knowledge from a book, it will probably be an inherent ability.

There are plenty of very smart criminals and hustlers out there who dropped out of high school and have no formal education yet rely on critical situational analytical skills to amass great wealth and power. There are obviously many levels of what can be considered intelligence.
            lQ is just one aspect of multiple intelligence but the good thing about it is that, unlike other areas of intelligence, it is quantifiable and can be used as a reference in the academe, not necessarily in life as a whole. Science has a long way to go to pindown the vast aspects of intelligence but is making break throughs in many of its areas inch by inch. Hopefully, we would still be alive when the time comes that all these aspects of intelligence would be cracked open by science. But l doubt that, science doesn't even know what consciousness is.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              No, they're not.

Only idiots like you believe that.

...Speaking of which, I'm sure //// will be in shortly to tell you all about his Stanford-Binet intelligence scale.
              Originally posted by Heavyhands420 View Post
              Short answer yes they are. But people rarely ever take a full scale iq test. A real test takes around 4 to 5 hours to get a good accurate iq. More than 80% of people have a fake inflated iq they likely got from an internet test. The highest i have ever tested is 126. Academic doctors usually test in high 120s to low 130s i have never met anyone who tests above 141 and that was at stanford
              Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Just took it and got a 129. I have taken other tests similar to this in the past and always scored between 127-140 but like someone posted already, these types of tests aren't near robust enough to get a true gauge of someone's intelligence.
              I found a video on him. Check it out.

"I pee sitting down..."

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
              Hell yeah son. I'm smarter than all y'all mother****ers. I'm a mother****ing genius.

Free IQ Test
              Free IQ Test
              of course all of us here bang supermodels regularly, make at least a million a year and have 190+ IQs

Comment

I found a video on him. Check it out.

"I pee sitting down..."

what waste of genius. And once again women and the teh pussey had something to do with hindering his progress. The first 5 minutes say it all:

Comment

IQ Test
                  IQ Test

I'm really stoned and finished the test fast cause I need to eat something and take a nap. I also jerked off about a half hour ago, so my mind isn't as sharp as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    IQ Test
                    IQ Test

I'm really stoned and finished the test fast cause I need to eat something and take a nap. I also jerked off about a half hour ago, so my mind isn't as sharp as it should be.
                    I swear to god those were all the details when I did mine and got 141... Except that I jerked off after...

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post

Free IQ Test
                      Free IQ Test
                      You would fit right in in Africa

Comment

Working...
                      X