No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Plans To Postpone Their World Cup Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Plans To Postpone Their World Cup Tournament

The WBC has asked the promoters and participants of the WBC World Cup Tournament, which has been the dream of our President Jose Sulaiman, to postpone the inauguration of the tournament as a sign of respect and solidarity for his current medical condition as he recovers from his recent heart surgery.

Jose Sulaiman worked tirelessly for several years to put together the formidable World Cup, which is a tournament between all WBC affiliated federations champions to determine the best of the division, with the winner to become a challenger of the reigning champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man **** that! I wanted to see Solis vs. Takam this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      Man **** that! I wanted to see Solis vs. Takam this weekend!
      i'm with you on this one! i was looking forward to solis\takam myself...

Comment

Aw come on, this was Consuegra's chance to get some exposure. I hope this postponement doesn't turn into a cancellation.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I hope the world cup will start because it's great;if it will be cancelled i will be sad...BUNDU will be great in welterweights!!!

Comment

Man, this sucks. I wonder how Mike feels about this. He is promoting one of the fight nights (Nov 15).
            Last edited by ladiesman217; 10-18-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I just heard about this WBC world cup. Sucks its postponed, but I like the idea of the winners becoming mandatory challengers to the Champions. There was supposed to be some pretty good fights

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/wbc-...preview-228857

I'm not sure what the hell Top Rank is planning with Shafikov but he's already highly ranked in all the rankings and WBC #2, surely he should already be in line for a title shot and shouldn't have to wait another 6 months

Comment

Working...
              X