Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the Packers Regret Drafting Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the Packers Regret Drafting Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders?

I just looked at the 1989 Draft. Troy Aikman was the first pick by Dallas, Tony Mandarich was the 2nd pick By Green Bay, Barry Sanders was the 3rd pick by Detroit.

How Many Super Bowls would the Packers have won if they Drafted Barry Sanders?
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%

of course they regret it. barry's a legend.

how many superbowls? they didn't have reggie white nor favre till 3 seasons later, after that draft so who knows.

Comment

http://tundravision.blogspot.com/200...as-packer.html

http://www.footballnation.com/conten...history/21847/

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I am surprised with what these guys said in the video
        Last edited by Build That Wall; 11-25-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

smdh at this thread.

do you think water is wet?

Comment

Everybody regrets ATG's that they passed on in the draft in any sport, but the Packers made up for it by swiping Brett Favre from the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              I just looked at the 1989 Draft. Troy Aikman was the first pick by Dallas, Tony Mandarich was the 2nd pick By Green Bay, Barry Sanders was the 3rd pick by Detroit.

How Many Super Bowls would the Packers have won if they Drafted Barry Sanders?
              kind of a silly question. A legend vs a guy who didn't even belong in the league. No **** GB regretted it.

And GB wouldn't have won any more SB with Sanders because running backs don't win you championships. You can have the most insane RB ever and it still doesn't do much for your offense. RB's are more of a decoy to keep the defenses honest.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                kind of a silly question. A legend vs a guy who didn't even belong in the league. No **** GB regretted it.

And GB wouldn't have won any more SB with Sanders because running backs don't win you championships. You can have the most insane RB ever and it still doesn't do much for your offense. RB's are more of a decoy to keep the defenses honest.
                GB would have been able to probably draft favre instead of trade for him if they drafted sanders

Comment

Sure they do but running backs typically don't go that early.

I think the last early pick was Trent Richardson in 2012 and that was kind of strange actually.

And if you look at it historically I think nfl teams will go for a QB or an offensive lineman first because they've been burned so many times with rb's.

Comment

It will never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X