Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance of Amir Khan getting a W over Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    More experienced how? Canelo has actually fought at the higher level?

Better boxer?? explain..Canelo has better defense, is more accurate and has better upperbody and head movement

Olympic medalist, Canelo learned on the fly in the pros. Khan was already a multiple weight world champion when Canelo finally stepped upto world level as a pro which wasn't actually all that long ago.
    Khan has had treble or more fights on the world stage on top of a lengthy amateur career.

Canelo doesn't even have a jab.
    Khan is the better athlete and has displayed his boxing ability against a variety of styles. Canelo is a good fighter but he is rather limited and you can really see his boxing ability or lack of when he doesn't have a static target. I think he is a good but rather one dimensional fighter. Bit Marquez esque IMO not good on the front foot.

If Khan can avoid the big shot I see him outboxing Canelo. Freezing him with his handspeed and combinations and constantly turning him. Canelo needs to set his feet.

The power worries me coupled with Khans inability to take a shot, not so much the size but take that power away for me he is rather made for Amir stylistically.
    I really do wish I was as confident as others but I just see a punchers chance personally I don't think he can outbox Amir, not even close.

Comment

Most ppl on here don't know $h!t about Boxing.

Khan will win UD.

Comment

Don't think so, even if he somehow did he'd never get the decision.

I do think Khan, if he fights very spoilerish and cautious, can make it all 12 rounds. This would make Canelo look overrated as hell but it could happen.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Khan actually has a chance is delusional. A Khan upset would be more shocking than Fury beating Wlad last year.

Hell, if the fight goes 6 rounds I'll give Khan massive props.

Comment

Canelo has some power a good chin. He's not super active, and his stamina isn't great, but he doesn't make many mistakes in the ring.

Khan has no chin. And he makes mistakes all day long. And he got KTFO in a way smaller weight class.

Khan has no chance. KO in 6.

Comment

I can't see it. I think khan will come out run around and pit pat for a few rounds and get caught in an exchange. Aside from what everyone else said Khans never defeated someone his own size other then Algeri and that was a close fight. Plus anytime he's been stopped its early he has bad recovery skills and Canelo is a finisher. And this time the ref won't step in to seperate them like Cortez did because Canelo's the star.

Comment

Is there any way the fans can plead with Golden Boy to stop this fight from happening? I know it's borderline impossible at this point but, man, Khan is going to be destroyed in there.

If there's a petition anywhere, let me know. (I'm serious.)

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Olympic medalist, Canelo learned on the fly in the pros. Khan was already a multiple weight world champion when Canelo finally stepped upto world level as a pro which wasn't actually all that long ago.
                  Khan has had treble or more fights on the world stage on top of a lengthy amateur career.

Canelo doesn't even have a jab.
                  Khan is the better athlete and has displayed his boxing ability against a variety of styles. Canelo is a good fighter but he is rather limited and you can really see his boxing ability or lack of when he doesn't have a static target. I think he is a good but rather one dimensional fighter. Bit Marquez esque IMO not good on the front foot.

If Khan can avoid the big shot I see him outboxing Canelo. Freezing him with his handspeed and combinations and constantly turning him. Canelo needs to set his feet.

The power worries me coupled with Khans inability to take a shot, not so much the size but take that power away for me he is rather made for Amir stylistically.
                  I really do wish I was as confident as others but I just see a punchers chance personally I don't think he can outbox Amir, not even close.
                  multiple weight champ??? he has only won titles at 140

Canelo has a very nice jab, Khan on the other hand is predictable and very limited

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
                    ran for his life? I'm not even going to bother wasting my time on you. ignorance is bliss. enjoy it

Comment

I haven't seen enough of Canelo to get a real gauge on him, though what I have seen hasn't been all that impressive tbh. He's not even that much a dish, though I will give him credit for his wang.

I've got an upset £20 on Khan, as I believe, should be box the perfect fight, he can get a decision here.

Comment

Working...
                      X