No announcement yet.

why aren't industry articles titling, "Lara Wants Golovkin At 160" - Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    I don't understand how many casuals overlook one weight class variance, or rather in Lara's case, the #1 154 respected Cuban school fighter not justifiable for Golovkin at 160, but somehow a Monroe Jr. (because the boxeno narrative was justifiable) or the secondary inactive mandatory challenger, Wade, is more ideal than Lara because they are at 160? As if Monroe Jr or a Wade have a bigger fan base?

the irrational excuses get old.

if lara fights for willie wade money this fight will get made in 2 hours. he's obviously a more deserving fighter than willie wade. golovkin detractors argue that he's a more deserving fighter than murray, lemieux, macklin, which is wrong.

weight classes become a lot less important when you're talking about genuine P4p fighters. lara is not that. lost to canelo. arguably lost to freaking carlos molina. needed two fights for a convincing win over vanes, and even then it left a lot to be desired. the guy got put down 2 times by alfredo freakin angulo, brih.

i'm sold on lara's talent and skill. having talent and skill and being a pound for pounder are two different things.

he's more deserving than willie monroe and dominick wade, so make the fight. just understand that if lara and his team were willing to take the 500 K that dominck wade took to fight golovkin that this fight would be announced tomorrow.
    Last edited by New England; 05-29-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      the guy just went life and death with vanes. he's not some dominant #1 or even clear #1 now with the charlos, williams and andrade back. id rather see those fights just like i'd rather see ggg fight the best mw's.
      "life and death with vanes." which rounds? Martirosyan wasn't even complaining this time around for his losss. and somehow you practically forget how good Martirosyan is..

the Jermell even talks to industry that Lara would beat Golovkin. Why would they even praise that? Could it be because they've sparred with him? Jermell has even stated he'd like to fight Golovkin at 160, but those bros. now just recently backtracked their promise and still want to be at 154, so why would they acknowledge the idea of Lara beating Golovkin at 160? What favor of comment does that translate to?

You want the truth? The Charlo's respect how good Lara is. That's why they're not focused to trash talk about him in the context of a potential Lil'G bout. The case would rather be, "forget about Lara, we'll fight Golovkin..." but it's not...

so, this is why... don't follow the bait for "don't be skurrred!"

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        if lara fights for willie wade money this fight will get made in 2 hours. he's obviously a more deserving fighter than willie wade. golovkin detractors argue that he's a more deserving fighter than murray, lemieux, macklin, which is wrong.

weight classes become a lot less important when you're talking about genuine P4p fighters. lara is not that. lost to canelo. arguably lost to freaking carlos molina. needed two fights for a convincing win over vanes, and even then it left a lot to be desired.

i'm sold on lara's talent and skill. having talent and skill and being a pound for pounder are two different things.

he's more deserving than willie monroe and dominick wade, so make the fight. just understand that if lara and his team were willing to take the 500 K that dominck wade took to fight golovkin that this fight would be announced tomorrow.
        You speak too much sense

I love how they group Wade and Monroe together, as if they had similar scenarios. Wade was the IBF mandatory. Should we expect Golovkin to drop a recognised world title, during his quest to unify the division, because of the IBF's bad call? Of course not, that'd be stupid.

Monroe was a bad opponent. But offer Lara the same money, the fight would be signed asap. The only reason Lara would call Golovkin out, is for a payday. Theres no way his team would clamor for a fight they'd be expected to lose pretty badly, if they aren't getting paid for it. Boxing doesn't work like that

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          Floyd fought in 5 divisions and is called a coward. Golovkin isn't man enough to fight in 2.

Ricky Burns became a 3 division champ yesterday. But asking Golovkin to move up is racist?

it's not inherently racist to ask golovkin to move up, but many of the people who think he's a bum because he hasn't moved up are absolutely racist

"who's he fought?"

"6 top 10 MWs since he came to america, more top 10 comp than any active fighter in boxing during that period in time."

"move up then."

ward is a 175 lber. so is kovalev. that's 15 lbs. the guys at 168 would be called bums by the same guys detracting from golovkin currently.

and of course, the most important element in all of this, ignored completely by the [often racist] golovkin detractors: canelo alvarez is holding the MW championship hostage in a weight class he created, and a fight between the two IS THE BIGGEST FIGHT THAT CAN BE MADE IN BOXING.

so why doesn't golovkin move up?

Comment

just watched what's basically a race riot in bowe - golota and will disagree and say that nationalism, race, identity in general have always been and will remain a huge part of boxing.

i'm not saying that everybody in boxing feels this way, only that it's very obvious that an element of this still exists.

that you [assuming you're white,] liked floyd mayweather unitl he did something you didn't like doesn't mean that there isn't a significant portion of the boxing fanbase that favors fighters based on race or nationalism. i'm also not saying that the majority of fans in boxing favor fighters based on race or nationalism. i'm saying that there is an element of racial or national bias in boxing. it sells. it's promoted indirectly.

it's not neccessarily an inherently bad thing that mexican fans buy mexican fights on cinco de mayo.

saying that you liked a black fighter once doesn't mean we've progressed into an era where racial, ethnic, or national iden****** don't matter
            1) I'm too old to mix "nationalism, race, identity (cultural?)" with boxing -- for instance I dislike the Russians because of nationalist and identity reasons, but I like the Russian school of boxing...
            2) You say about me: ... "you liked a black fighter once"...
            It's not about "a" particular fighter, it's about many of them: Joe Louis, SRR, Ali, SRL... Rigondeaux, Bradley, Thurman, Porter...

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
              So Floyd is Black and fought in 5 divisions and Golovkin has fought in 1. Who is loved?

It's racism you coward.
              Which made a persona named Money and became the villain purposely? Which one beats women?

You're the fu(king coward here... Crying about non existent racism... little bit(h

Comment

If K2 offered Lara 500k I'd consider that a duck because they lowballed him. He deserves as much as Lemieux got. Lemieux had a belt but didn't offer anythingt in terms of generating revenue as proven by the PPV numbers. Lara is more known than Lemieux, Monroe, and Wade combined. Do people forget Lara-Canelo sold two times as much as Golovkin-Lemieux? I know Canelo sold most of the PPV but the fight was controversial and it's still talked about til this day so Lara's name is still out there connected to Canelo's. A Lara vs Golovkin fight would be PPV. If Lara vs. Lemieux and Crawford vs. Postol is PPV then Golovkin vs. Lara is for sure PPV and I think it would crack 250,000

Comment

weight classes become a lot less important when you're talking about genuine P4p fighters. lara is not that. lost to canelo. arguably lost to freaking carlos molina. needed two fights for a convincing win over vanes, and even then it left a lot to be desired. the guy got put down 2 times by alfredo freakin angulo, brih.

ok here it goes..

regarding Carlos Molina, has a fighter even been criticized for having a bad performance, not on that "A game?" How long did it take for Shield's training to simmer into Lara?

Ironically, out of Lara's draws Canelo makes the most sense to have been one. But of course not, it's Golden Boy... the Sturm bout politics ring a bell?

What about the other disgraceful Williams vs Lara?

Martirosyan gave nothing but respect to Lara the second time around. If he felt any differently he would've gone all Pac and made excuses, but he didn't. Plus, and again, Martirosyan is a highly skilled fighter.

Regarding Angulo...another Mexican Olympian player, and a very hard hitter. Handed Kirkland easily but gassed out. Beat Rosado far quicker than Rosado moving to 160...and look at Golovkin's face afterwards from that bout... How many times did Rigondeaux get floored by Amagasa? Twice?! or Donaire on a cheap clinch and then hook but got up like a pimp?

Knockdowns happen... you can't assume because a fighter gets on the canvas all of sudden they're not qualified when the conversation is needed. When Khan put Maidana on the canvas in the 1st round, did anybody bring that up against Broner or Floyd at 147?

I'm telling you bro. Lara gets no credit, either from industry or the casuals protecting the 160 guy...
                  Last edited by Lester Tutor; 05-29-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                    Imma say it one time, GGG won't be credited for a win until he beats a slick brudda. The black community has a chip on its shoulder for some reason. And they get butthurt all the time. I don't get it.
                    It's not even about race. Most boxing fans I know Just want to see GGG fight someone that's a challenge. Does not matter what ethnicity just be a formidable opponent. If he can't get that at MW go up a division and find one.
                    I believe he has solid abilities but he's wasting time fighting guys with zero chance of beating him. In fact the only guy I've ever seen GGG fight with a punchers chance of beating him was Stevens. That's really not saying much for his competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Golovkin will KO Lara and I like Lara.

Sergey stops Ward late.

Damn the white man
                      Golovkin will duck Lara and Ward clowns Kovalev and gets no credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X