Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do posters say fighting in another country effect ppv#'s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a dumbass excuse kinda like saying "go fight in Mexico" when a fighter wants to fight on Mexican holidays.

Comment

It's a FYank thing. I've never understood it myself. If it aint in Muurriica, then it aint ever happened

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
        It is a dumbass excuse kinda like saying "go fight in Mexico" when a fighter wants to fight on Mexican holidays.
        ???? what?? someone said this??lol

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          I've never chose not to watch a fight i was interested in because it was in a certain country, have you?
          no. but im speaking for the general public, aka people who dont know **** bout' boxin'. aka the people who have Floyd as their favorite/best fighter ever but havent heard about Ray Leonard.

of course if you follow boxing you could care less, but when marketing a cash cow to the general public its a little different..

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            The biggest fights in history were out of the country..Rumble in the jungle, thrilla in Manilla for example..T
            Okay, Larry. By "biggest," what metric are you using? Do you know how many buys they did? How do you know buys weren't affected?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              It's a FYank thing. I've never understood it myself. If it aint in Muurriica, then it aint ever happened
              I have a friend who is a sports guy, MLB/NFL/NBA, but he thinks all fights should happen in Vegas because thats where the money is at.

He's one of those guys who said Pacquiao would get KOd because Bradley had big muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Okay, Larry. By "biggest," what metric are you using? Do you know how many buys they did? How do you know buys weren't affected?
                Can you honestly.tell me why the location matters as far as ppv?? if the fight comes on at the same time ppvs always do, the price is no different and there was a huge tour in the states to promote it

Comment

Because they're dumb as rocks and have shown time and again that they will lie and say the stupidest things you've ever heard under the belief they're defending Pac's honour

Comment

No matter what event, the closer proximity to the event, the larger the interest. World Cup, Olympics, Super Bowl, etc...there is a reason cities fight to host large events. That is were the revenue is, PPV's are great but it is one income stream for Promoters.

I can't think of a single Pac fight that got anywhere the same promotion for PPV #'s as PBF, its just not Arum's style. IMO, PPV's are a bonus to him, not the bread and butter, explains why he will risk losing PPV's fighting a nobody in Macau, because he's making his money through different avenues. Look at the last two fights, PPV's tanked due to location, lack of domestic marketing, and lackluster opponents...but they made huge profits still. Floyd's fights on the other-hand did much of the opposite, good PPV #'s but were a loss.

In the end, promoters have different business strategies and those strategies take all revenue streams and costs (networks take PPV cuts too) into consideration, not just PPV's.
                    Last edited by madsweeney; 12-22-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Because they're dumb as rocks and have shown time and again that they will lie and say the stupidest things you've ever heard under the belief they're defending Pac's honour
                      Bob said it so it must be true. They just repeat what he says.

Comment

Working...
                      X