No announcement yet.

List 10 fighters with a better resume than Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    How many great fighters Floyd fought in their prime?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm thinking...

That's the key in this thread.

Floyd was a great great fighter, a master, but he never fought with legendary oposition in their prime.
    This says it all. I could go through how many better ledgers there are out there, but it would take way too much time out of my life to prove something most boxing fans who have followed the sport more than 5 years already know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      u can go on and on with people who don't officially have better records then mayweather........anyone can do that.

Robinson
      Holyfield
      Duran
      Moore
      Armstrong

are correct.

chavez sr is debatable......Pacquiao NO. Barrera NO. hagler NO. tito NO. heans & charles is debatable.

so u named 5.
      Pacquiao is definitely debatable. That's for sure.

Most people would probably lean towards him even, and I'd tend to agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        The bold's are all in the" reasonably debatable" or the "hell no" zone. The rest I agree with.
        Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr is debatable?

I don't think so at all.
        They clearly have better resumes than Mayweather.

Comment

dude...cut the ****..you don't even know what the **** you're talking about. i don't consider barrera nore morales p4p ATG's of any significance. HOF's yes. u named older fighters in which u have no knowledge of but i am glad to school u on each one and go over their resumes with u, why some are greater and why some are ether debatables or not greater. like i said u named 5 official guys that were greater. Frazier has a greater one single win then mayweather in ali but NOT A overall greater resume. now ali obviously has a greater resume then mayweather. also greatness in resumes is also judged by the background of the fight. morales had just been out boxed by Raheem (a B class fighter at the time) pac piggy backed off of that and knocked Morales out only after that loss. yea he beat Morales but how much credit can we really give that win when it was after being taken completely apart by a B class fighter in raheem?

if we really break down mayweather vs pac resumes mayweather has A lead in greatness to pac in that category.
          oh ok

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr is debatable?

I don't think so at all.
            They clearly have better resumes than Mayweather.
            I dont think neither man has a better resume than Floyd. Holyfield is definitely more debatable but Roy? No.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              oh ok
              Both those guys are definitely great fighters. Maybe even top 100. Neither are top 50 and neither even approach being greater than Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Pacquiao is definitely debatable. That's for sure.

Most people would probably lean towards him even, and I'd tend to agree.
                I'm pretty sure most experts accept floyd as being the greatest fighter of this closing era. At least thats what recent votes on the subject say. It is debatable between the two though. Although Floyd's win over Manny pretty much seals the deal for most.

Comment

u can go on and on with people who don't officially have better records then mayweather........anyone can do that.

Robinson
                  Holyfield
                  Duran
                  Moore
                  Armstrong

are correct.

chavez sr is debatable......Pacquiao NO. Barrera NO. hagler NO. tito NO. heans & charles is debatable.

so u named 5.
                  Ezzard Charles is debateable?

Not debateable in the slightest imo. Charles clearly has the deeper resume, featuring greater fighters and more impressive performances against them

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    I'm pretty sure most experts accept floyd as being the greatest fighter of this closing era. At least thats what recent votes on the subject say. It is debatable between the two though. Although Floyd's win over Manny pretty much seals the deal for most.
                    Floyd is the better fighter, however I think pacquiao has the better résumé. Pacquiao had a pos promoter in Muhammad or w/e his name was that tried to cash him out as fast as possible. The line up he went through was just absurd. Like following Barrera with Marquez. I mean what promoter does that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      Both those guys are definitely great fighters. Maybe even top 100. Neither are top 50 and neither even approach being greater than Floyd.
                      Barrera is definitely top 50. Morales probably somewhere 50-60.

However his isn't a question on if they r greater than mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X