Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I help pain in my hands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest it if it's a recent injury. With that said I once ****ed up the knuckle on my left hand. X-Ray showed that it wasn't broken but its no longer in the same place. It took almost a year for the swelling to fully go down and the pain to subside.

Ibrufen have never really helped when I've had inflammation of the joints . I now have warm water with a squeezed lemon and grated ginger first thing in the morning that seems to do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I dont box professionally but I do go to the gym now and then.

I've been in my fare share of street fights and a deployment to Afghgn which I did see hand to hand combat.

My left hand kills me, right knuckle is all messed up. Should I just rest for a while?
      Hand injuries are common for people that have a propensity for hitting things. Is it an abiding pain or one that flares up when you train?

If it's abiding I would suggest rest until it's not. If it's flare up kind of pain then that can be mitigated by better wrapping, glove choice, and of course, how you place your punches. I have trouble with my left hand sometimes so I can't just fire a hook willy nilly without that shooting pain up the arm. It has to be placed and thrown just right. Wrist rigididity (don't allow the fist to crank on the wrist, keep it all aligned). If you have trouble with a particular knuckle, you can try practicing a very specific placement of your punches, to minimize further injury.

For me it's trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        Hand injuries are common for people that have a propensity for hitting things. Is it an abiding pain or one that flares up when you train?

If it's abiding I would suggest rest until it's not. If it's flare up kind of pain then that can be mitigated by better wrapping, glove choice, and of course, how you place your punches. I have trouble with my left hand sometimes so I can't just fire a hook willy nilly without that shooting pain up the arm. It has to be placed and thrown just right. Wrist rigididity (don't allow the fist to crank on the wrist, keep it all aligned). If you have trouble with a particular knuckle, you can try practicing a very specific placement of your punches, to minimize further injury.

For me it's trial and error.
        For me it was always a problem. Swollen but I thought it was normal

Comment

Tell your doctor to give you a script for OxyContin 80 MG.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            I dont box professionally but I do go to the gym now and then.

I've been in my fare share of street fights and a deployment to Afghgn which I did see hand to hand combat.

My left hand kills me, right knuckle is all messed up. Should I just rest for a while?
            In other-words...you got drunk and punched a cement wall with your bare hand one night some time ago.

Comment

Working...
            X