critique my padwork ;)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critique my padwork ;)

hi guys,
    done a basic padwork at my friends house (just 1-2's) sort of a cardio work out. Just wondering what you guys think...go easy im a beginnner! ;P

How much do you weigh? You're a pretty quick guy. Not bad and this is great for cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      How much do you weigh? You're a pretty quick guy. Not bad and this is great for cardio.
      hey thanks, 65-67kg. Yes was really feeling it in the last minute. Do you do cardio style padwork?

Comment

really good mate, turn into them punches a bit more

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
          really good mate, turn into them punches a bit more
          thanks pal...so twist the hip more so putting more power into it>?

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
            hi guys,
            done a basic padwork at my friends house (just 1-2's) sort of a cardio work out. Just wondering what you guys think...go easy im a beginnner! ;P

good work guys!

Comment

For a beginner i'd say your doing good.

one thing is i can't see your feet in the vid. I know it's just 1-2's but proper foot placement is key. i know it's cardio but there are a few things to keep in mind.

-Try not to lean to far over your front foot, your weight should always be balanced and comfortable.

-The mitt holder is holding them too low and your punches are dropping, he should hold them slightly above your nose height so that your throwing your punches higher. That could be a bad habit for later fights , if you do, your building a slight flaw of throw low punches where, someone could catch over top of them. also bring your shoulders up to protect your chin.

-Try to get your hips involved as you slightly pivot on your toes, it looks like your hips are kinda static.

-Also i would say your distance is off, your truncating the length of your shot when your throwing allot. your landing your shot but your arm is at a 45 degree angle they should be a bit more straight.

-Good footwork moving side to side but i would add more head movement, you stand up light a light tower in the fog and if someone times you you won't be in the habitual mode to slip and move.

-blocking should be allot tighter to the body, your elbows are hinging out even though you know he is throwing a hook/backhand to the head keep your elbows in and keep your glove tight to your head. an opponent could throw a double hook to draw your elbow high then go low.

hope that helps! Good luck mate and keep it up your allot better than most beginners i've seen.

Comment

Good work,
                Make sure you retract your hands when you throws those combos and have your elbows in when you punch. Speed, reach, and technique right.

Keep hitting the pads! Awesome video

Comment

You are playing patty-cake with your punches, especially when throwing 4. You have to shift the weight on your feet (on all punches but the jab), turn your shoulders and turn your hips.

Comment

Bring your hand back to your chin after you jab. Good work keeP it Up

Comment

Working...
                    X