Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone watch rd 2 to Lewis vs Klitschko and still think Lennox had a glass jaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone watch rd 2 to Lewis vs Klitschko and still think Lennox had a glass jaw?

I think he has a solid chin. This fight is insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjyJQClP8o

Lennox took some of the worst punishment i've ever seen while staying on his feet.

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the **** out of Lewis and made him look like a *****.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his ***** ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.

Comment

Lewis said he was "at the peak of my powers" when he got his ass whooped by Vitali.

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement. That's a FACT.

Comment

amazing watching the head to head GOAT (vitali) whoop that ass

Comment

Lewis doesn't have a glass jaw but his ability to take a hard punch on the jaw wasn't his strongest suit. He suffered two KO losses in his prime to two average heavyweights. The fact that he KOed both of them in return fights doesn't make those KO losses go away. My opinion is that Vitali would have KOed Lewis if he hadn't been cut. He was staggering and hurting Lewis and it looked like he was on his way to a KO win. Lewis beat him fair and square be giving him a nasty cut with legal punches but that still doesn't make Lewis's chin any better.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Lewis doesn't have a glass jaw but his ability to take a hard punch on the jaw wasn't his strongest suit. He suffered two KO losses in his prime to two average heavyweights. The fact that he KOed both of them in return fights doesn't make those KO losses go away. My opinion is that Vitali would have KOed Lewis if he hadn't been cut. He was staggering and hurting Lewis and it looked like he was on his way to a KO win. Lewis beat him fair and square be giving him a nasty cut with legal punches but that still doesn't make Lewis's chin any better.
            No LEWIS was coming on the 5th round and ripping klitchko with massive uppercuts and right hands and the 6th as well, lewis was also 38 and past his prime and took this fight on 2 weeks notice after kirk Johnson pulled out...klitchcko had been in training for lewis as he was his next mandatory..lewis however was preparing for 6ft tall Johnson.....as for those 2 kos listen bolio I was at that fight againt Oliver MCall and that right knocked lewis of his feet....from ringside you heard it...massive shot which don't do it justice on video ..circumstances contributed to lewis KO against rachman....now with the klitchcko fight if u watch the end of the 6th round your see lewis hit klitchcko with a right to the temple and vitali falls into him and was hurt....klitchcko was also spent at the end of the 6th round and watch him walk back to the corner and also when the doctor stops the fight and klitchco does not complain at all untill he hears the boos from the crowd....I think the fight was starting to tip to lewis as it went on

Comment

That big stiff Jousha has never shown 5% of the skill or the chin of LL

Lennox was the greatest HW of all times, he had a complete skillset. He could fight on the inside and outside. He'd go toe to toe with big men and box the **** out of small men.

One of my fav Lennox fights was when he beat Michael Grant, who was basically the Wilder of his era....The way Lennox handled him was amazing.

He's the reason why a lot of big tall men got into boxing

Vitali was gassed by the later rounds and everyone knows Lennox is one of the best finishers, once he has you worked out, it's over for you.

Credit to Vitali's chin, he was on wobbly legs on a few occasions. I don't know how Vitali ate those rights an uppecuts
              Last edited by FrankieBruno; 05-15-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                That big stiff Jousha has never shown 5% of the skill or the chin of LL

Lennox was the greatest HW of all times, he had a complete skillset. He could fight on the inside and outside. He'd go toe to toe with big men and box the **** out of small men.

One of my fav Lennox fights was when he beat Michael Grant, who was basically the Wilder of his era....The way Lennox handled him was amazing.

He's the reason why a lot of big tall men got into boxing

Vitali was gassed by the later rounds and everyone knows Lennox is one of the best finishers, once he has you worked out, it's over for you.

Credit to Vitali's chin, he was on wobbly legs on a few occasions. I don't know how Vitali ate those rights an uppecuts
                We agree on lennox Lewis ....also my view as the best heavyweight ever...see him fight in the states and in London and Cardiff .....Razor ruddock, golota and the rachman were for me his top performaces ...no one beats lennox Lewis on his best night..as for joshua he still knocks fury into tomorrow when they do fight

Comment

Its not about taking a punch as more of being aware and on your guard,Lewis saw a huge 6'7 guy across the ring and you can bet he didn't want to take flush shots from Vitali,also he was terrified of taking a Tyson punch so it made him ready for it.Tyson clipped Lewis a few flush shots but lewis ate them.Tommy Morrison never hit Lewis with a flush left hook,would have been interesting,but lewis was at the top of his game in that fight being also well aware of Morrisons power.

the two knock out loses was when he was clowning around and the other was just off night,also keep in mind Emmanual steward was McCalls trainer when he k.od Lewis,trainers make all the difference,under Steward Lewias could be as unbeatable as any on any given night.i do think Vitali would have won the rematch as he became a better overall counter puncher and more defense savvy after the Lewis fight. I have lewis ranked num,ber 3 head to head of all time.Hes also for me top 5 hardest hitters of all time as well.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-15-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X