Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: If Guillermo Rigodeaux was 147 lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo would do well against some of the 147lbrs, but I see the current elite at 147 tagging him up all day.

Comment

Rigodeaux is a top fighter but seems this Rigodeaux and hbo thing been getting overblown. Why does hbo stance surprise anyone on Rigodeaux? They done it too the Klitschko's in the most important division in boxing for the same reason i guess but i do remember somewhat about not fighting in the states also. As the ts suggested which i think is likely true, being at a higher weight division would help Rigo but with his style could end up like the Klitschko's anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by youth View Post
        Rigodeaux is a top fighter but seems this Rigodeaux and hbo thing been getting overblown. Why does hbo stance surprise anyone on Rigodeaux? They done it too the Klitschko's in the most important division in boxing for the same reason i guess but i do remember somewhat about not fighting in the states also. As the ts suggested which i think is likely true, being at a higher weight division would help Rigo but with his style could end up like the Klitschko's anyways.
        I actually really like Wlad and rate him rather highly on HW ATG lists, but to compare what he does to what guys like Rigondeaux and Mayweather do is wrong. Rigo and Mayweather epitomize movement and ring intelligence. Wlad beats his opponents with leaning/wrestling behind a wicked (albeit pawing at times) jab and god tier right hand. Three ATG talents, but one of these things is not like the other.

Comment

prime pacquiao bodies any version of rigondeaux, from 122 up.

prime floyd bodies him at 130 and up on this silly, fictitious p4p scale.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            I actually really like Wlad and rate him rather highly on HW ATG lists, but to compare what he does to what guys like Rigondeaux and Mayweather do is wrong. Rigo and Mayweather epitomize movement and ring intelligence. Wlad beats his opponents with leaning/wrestling behind a wicked (albeit pawing at times) jab and god tier right hand. Three ATG talents, but one of these things is not like the other.

klitschko is just more than 2x rigo's size.

let's see how rigondeaux boxes with 125 lbs of extra man to coordinate.

what they do cannot be compared. wladimir klitschko is the much more proven professional boxer at this stage. rigondeaux has looked spectacular in one pro fight. before donaire he looked quite vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              There's nothing typical about Rigondeaux. He throws with harmful intentions too. He has great speed, range and boxing ability. His fighting is second to none and whether it is learned from experience or natural, he know what every fighter is going to do and is ready for it more than pretty much any other fighter, including Floyd.
              Whether Rigo throws with harmful intentions or not, has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I mentioned it, because unlike Floyd and Rigo, Ward is really aggressive, accurate with multiple combinations, and very intelligent. Rigo only throws combinations when he is trying to finish a guy. He does not know how to fight an entire fight with combos like Ward, he is not skilled enough on the inside, his arsenal is unimpressive; He only throws straight-lefts, left uppercuts, a probing jab/decently-sharp/range-finder, and check right hooks. After fighting him for a few rounds, he becomes very predictable and lands less in the later rounds because although he may be dominating at that moment, his victim still knows whats coming back. Not only could you NOT respond to all of the things(feints, psychic brain, clairvoyant head-movement, magnetic range that Floyd has{Although Rigo has great range it will NEVER be as magnetic as Floyd's EVER}) But you will NOT be able to respond to the flaws about Rigo in this comment as well! Rigo is NOT a complete fighter. He's a very skilled, athletic, but basic OUTside boxer. And he is COMPLETE at being an outside boxer. But he is not a complete FIGHTER in general. Nce Tlk Tnx! No beef!
              Last edited by MurkaMan; 08-21-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I voted he would be the number 1 pound for pound fighter in the world but I am surprised so many others voted the same way. He is still in his late prime with a rare blend of speed, power and boxing skills.Donaire was my #1 pound for pound until Rigo beat him rather easily. HBO and Arum should treat this great fighter with more respect.

Comment

If he came in and knocked out the Donaire equivalent at 147 it would be the same as it is now Nobody wants to get in the ring with him at 122 i doubt anyone would at 147 in fantasy world if it was the same situation.

Comment

Good lord, Rigondeaux would be a devastating force in the welterweight division. That's however, assuming his chin is up to par. He'd be another Amir Khan if he didn't have a chin, which hasn't really been tested yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X