Why did Hatton duck Witter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Hatton duck Witter?

Either that or he's an idiot.

They both had fights at around the same time. So why didn't he have his come-back fight against Witter?

Originally posted by raskat
    I remember Witter clearly getting a gift decision against Kotelnyk. I dont remember any other Witter fights right now, but in that fight he looked "not very good". no disrespect though
    The only thing "not good very good" about that fight is that he didn't KO Kotelnyk. Witter has been known to take fights easy. He's never been a gung-ho boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
      The only thing "not good very good" about that fight is that he didn't KO Kotelnyk. Witter has been known to take fights easy. He's never been a gung-ho boxer.
      well, then I am not sure how you score rounds. I remember the british commentary in that fight was RIDICULOUS. they were bull****ting the audience cause they made it look like Witter was winning the fight. I remember Witter only won around 3 rounds in that fight. Kotelnyk was winning almost all rounds after the first few.

Comment

Personally I feel Ricky and his team felt Witters style presented a lot of problems and there was bigger fights out there.

IMO prime Witter was high risk, low/medium reward due to styles.

Witter was an awkward as hell, switch-hitter could make just about anybody look bad.

Comment

shame it never happened

Comment

Witter had a style that would have made a messy fight for Hatton and one where he would not look good whatever the outcome. It was a high risk low reward fight and I suspect Hatton did not like him and want to give him a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
              Witter had a style that would have made a messy fight for Hatton and one where he would not look good whatever the outcome. It was a high risk low reward fight and I suspect Hatton did not like him and want to give him a payday.
              I don't know about that. Witter looked like a cold turd after the first quarter of the Gavin fight.

Comment

You're talking about a washed up Witter. The one in his prime would have been an abosolute nightmare for Hatton. Witter would have battered him imo

Comment

Working...
                X