Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so loooser marquez that was considered to be the worst of the 3 fighting Mexican atg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God this thread sucks so bad. Why the fúck did I just read that?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      1. marquez turned down a morales fight. that's how pac got the morales fight.

2. hamed offered jmm a fight. jmm turned it down.

3. mab/GBP knew he was fighting pac soon. that's why they had jmm fight mab first. to get jmm the belt.
      This is simply not true. Marcos Barrera didn't know he was going to get the Pacquiao rematch. If you recall the Pacquiao/Barrera 2 fight fell apart, and the purse bid was called off because Golden Boy and Top Rank were having legal issues over Pacquiao. This was the time DLH tried stealing away Pacquiao from Top Rank. This caused the rip in negotiations and caused Barrera to turn his attention to Marquez. A fight they made for March 2007. The dispute between Top Rank and GB didn't get settled until June of 2007, so how could Barrera know he was soon going to fight Pacquiao? Again he fought Marquez because at the time, a Pacquiao fight was out the window.

As far as Morales, goes, it's funny how when asked directly why a Marquez fight never happened, Morales never says it was Marquez who declined the fight. You would think if this was true Morales would say it, he's a guy who has never been afraid to say what is on his mind. But instead he says thing like, well we had better offers at the time, or my guy Beltran never wanted us to fight. This is straight from Morales.
      But we're suppose to believe you because........

And finally again with Hamed. Every single credible boxing writer has stated that Hamed blatantly ducked Marquez. Again even Hamed's biggest fan boy Dan Rafael who has actually said if Hamed/Marquez would have taken place Hamed would no doubt have KO'd Marquez, even he has said that Hamed ducked Marquez.

I get that you don't like Marquez. And I don't deny that Marquez has done a lot of stupid things in his career. Turning down Pacquiao II to fight John was stupid. Turning down Pac 5 to fight Bradley was even more stupid. Crying and crying about Pacquiao decisions begging for rematches only to act like a litle girl and decline a rematch when it's Pacquiao asking for it is not something anyone should defend. But give credit where credit is due.
      Last edited by JJRod; 12-15-2014, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
        is now better than morales and barrera Nsb logic
        who says he is?

Comment

Morales and MAB can't match JMM in terms of JMM's longevity and ability compete at higher weights.

However IMO, prime for prime, both Morales and MAB would beat JMM at featherweight and super feather. They were more versatile and their styles were more pleasing. They'd beat opponents more convincingly They'd both decision JMM IMO. After all, JMM struggled with guys like Chris John and Norwood and his fighting style was still evolving.

That said, I'd rank JMM higher in ATG standings and overall achievements. JMM was a legit champ at 135 and was competitive at 140-147. For this, I'd rank him higher. However, I still think they both decision JMM at feather. JMM's style was suited against PAC ...but I don't think he beats Morales and MAB. I think it would've been close fights. But these guys work outwork him and JMM would probably get knocked down once or twice.

It's just too bad Morales and JMM never faced each other.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I give Marquez the edge over the other two but they are all great and wonderful fighters and a pleasure to watch in the ring. All three are master boxers, great punchers and brave, tough warriors.
            Who invited clear logic into this post. These guys are having too much fun claiming this guy ducked the other and this guy really won

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              after jmm priced himself out of a pac rematch 2005.

you do know that it was suppose to be morales-jmm not pac-morales right?

jmm priced himself out. pac took the offer.

he priced himself out against hamed too.

the re-write of jmm story is ridiculous.

but i guess ppl need something to explain his lackluster 1st half of his career.

blame nacho his manager.

don't smear great fighters for jmm sorry early career.
              i repeat the hamed fight was offered on short notice. its pretty normal to ask for more money than you are being offered when a fight is being offered on short notice
              but Marquez spent
              2 years as hamed mandatory and the only time hamed makes an offer is on short notice. Think about that.. remember that when you try to imply it was Marquez fault the fight didnt happen

i remember hearing a rumor about Marquez and Morales negotiations but it was actually Marquez vs pac that were in negotiations for their rematch in 2005. Marquez being the unified champ wanted the larger share of the pie and thats when Morales vs pac was made instead

The Pacquiao-Morales fight came to fore after purse demands by Marquez
              source
              http://www.newsflash.org/2004/02/sp/sp021268.htm
              its pretty clear what happened bob arum saw an opportunity to make more money with Morales vs pac instead Marquez pac 2. plus he didnt like dealing with Marquez and bernstein which you are right about that so he gave Marquez the cold shoulder hence chris john

i could take your word for it but i rather take morales word for it on the matter (MarquezvsMorales)

“I’ve been hearing in the news that Juan Manuel Marquez is interest in a rematch with Pacquiao, I don’t blame him. There were times I pushed back facing him when I had better proposals,” said Morales

source
              http://www.f i g h t n e w s.com/Boxing/erik-morales-update-4-68902

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
              barerra already beat jmm..... barerra got robbed damn it!
              barerra didnt get robbed it wasnt even a controversial decision like Marquez vs pac 3.

mexican telecast had Marquez clearly winning. barerra fought in spurts. he fought his last great fight and still came up short.

Comment

Marquez has lost almost all of his biggest fights. CHris john, pacman, bradley---the guys biggest win is the pac KO, and Kasidis. I've always liked marquez, but I don"t think he surpasses certain guys (not only mexican) when it comes to ATG status.

Comment

Working...
                X