No announcement yet.

Wladimir's Klitschko Stock.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
    After tonight's performance, does Wlad's stock go up, or down in your book?

Personally I was impressed...

Tony was tough-tough fighter who matched Wlad in size, speed.. good guard, iron chin and was not afraid to let it go...

It tonights performance Wlad answered the Stamina questions for me...
    He fought a high pace 11.5 rounds.. took some monstrous body shots and looked like he was getting winded in the 3rd... but he pressed on and on and actually looked pretty fresh towards the end.

He also showed that he can take a punch on the chin

Most importantly, he did not panic when he was hit.. and was able to hit back.

We all know styles make fight and Thompson was a difficult guy to fight and a legit contender.
    As for Wlad, we are looking at a new bread of a World HW Champ! :firstplace:

.....I was a little disappointed with Wlad when I watched the fight live, but after seeing it a second time with less anxiety I now think I was a little hard on him. It was a good win and a good performance for Wlady. Not too many people will take those right hands he landed and stand up for 11 rounds. Thompson has a nice chin. I think a fight like that benefits Wlad in that it wasn't easy and he had to get a second wind and step up his game. In retrospect, his stock should go up.

Comment

Wlad fights the way he fights and it is effective, but if you want people to care about you, then fight the guy.

Wlad has had two cupcakes in front of him the last two fights that he could and should have finished very quickly. Don't give me this "tricky southpaw" bull****. Those guys were sitting ducks, basically asking to be KO'd.

Wlad has to learn to pull the trigger before television sets get turned off. I lost the attention of everyone I watched the fight with by round 6. Nobody cared about that fight. If I wasn't a boxing fan, I would have changed the channel honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
        Wlad fights the way he fights and it is effective, but if you want people to care about you, then fight the guy.

Wlad has had two cupcakes in front of him the last two fights that he could and should have finished very quickly. Don't give me this "tricky southpaw" bull****. Those guys were sitting ducks, basically asking to be KO'd.

Wlad has to learn to pull the trigger before television sets get turned off. I lost the attention of everyone I watched the fight with by round 6. Nobody cared about that fight. If I wasn't a boxing fan, I would have changed the channel honestly.
        How can you criticize Wlad for not finishing quickly when Floyd Mayweather seldom finished his over matched opponents? Carlos Baldimir anyone?...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          How can you criticize Wlad for not finishing quickly when Floyd Mayweather seldom finished his over matched opponents? Carlos Baldimir anyone?...
          because Carlos Baldomir walks around about 30 pounds heavier than Mayweather maybe?

Comment

Klitschko's fans claim he is the hardest puncher in the division. I tend to agree. Mayweather was never the hardest puncher in any of his divisions.

Comment

wlad also did a lot of clinching. i gotta say early on i was more impressed with Thompson then i was with wlad later on in the fight. he was forcing the fight, and he took some big punches without being forced to go backwards. i think klitschko took longer with Tony than he really had too. most punches that wlad was throwing were connecting, i didnt see him having major problems with tony's defense

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Floyd is outsized by those guys. And he probably couldn't have finished ODLH and Baldomir if he wanted to. But Wlad is a different story.

Comment

You have ZERO credibility on this forum, your ******ed opinions and statements are pathetic.

You admitted to hating all white fighters and everyone knows you're the #1 Klitschko hater on this forum.

Do us all a favor and **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                    Floyd is outsized by those guys. And he probably couldn't have finished ODLH and Baldomir if he wanted to. But Wlad is a different story.
                    Floyd could have taken care of Baldomir if he had sat down on his punches alittle more or could have even forced the stoppage if he was hitting him more frequently. I agree with DLH though...

Comment

My advice to Wlad is to unify the titles before a heavyweight that is actually good shows up in the division. Then he can at least claim to have been the heavyweight champ for a little while.

Comment

Working...
                      X