No announcement yet.

Atkins DIET!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TKD1 View Post
    I am on Atkins DIET for 4 days, and I already lost 4.4 lb, so let me tell you the diet works!!!!!
    It's just water weight that you lose initially. I worked as a nutritionist several years back when Atkins was hot. People were bragging how much they lost in the first week. Then it always came right back when they got sick of the feeling that no carb diets give you over time. I've done it myself a few times and I won't do it again.
    If you really like it, more power to you, man. But I can say from professional experience that extreme diets do more harm than good. "Balance" isn't a sexy diet, nor is it fast, but it's the most successful.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-22-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

The diet is trash. Carbs are not evil.

Comment

I am on Atkins DIET for 4 days, and I already lost 4.4 lb, so let me tell you the diet works!!!!!
        no dout u can loose weight on it, no one is questioning that, but why do you think 99% of people **** up on these fad diets, because its no sustainable. Plus its extreamly unhealthy. I challenge you to show me one top level athlete who dose the Atkins diet, it just cant happen.

IMO the Atikins diet is so popular because it tell people good things about there bad habbits, people can still have bacon and eggs for breakfast, sausage burger for lunch and a steak and fired chicken for dinner.

THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE FOR DIET IS.....change your habbits, your habbits is what make or break you, when your a kid you act on impluse, when your older you act on habbit. Gradualy change your bad habbits, whatever they may be to good habbits, because once something becomes a habbit its apart of you and its easy and its something you can sustain. Try and get as many good habbits as you can vs bad habbits.

I would strongly advise you to drop the atkins diet purely for health reasons. Heart disease, Diabeaties, Cancer to name a few increase 100 fold on a high animal product diet. Do a little research it will mean more than some stranger on the internet telling you. I think i read Doctor Atkins died of a heart attack....
        Last edited by salem-no1; 03-23-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

If your concerned about your health, like everyone should be, then the Atkins diet is the worse thing you could do to your body. High consumption of Animal products is 100% proven to increase your risk of heart disease, cancer.
          Last edited by Eveline52; 03-23-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

a good ratio is 55% Carbs, 30% protein and 15% fat. our bodies needs a balance nutrition for good health, fat lose, energy, growth and performance.

Comment

I really appreciate all your commends, I am still on Atkins diet I have 21 days doing it, and I have lost 13 pounds, until this week I started to jog from 20 to 30 minutes 3 times per week. I am going to do this diet only for 30 days, I drink a minimum of 3 lt of water per day, and this coming week I am going back to weight gym, I will keep you update.

Comment

Yes it works but after being on this diet for more than three days, you begin to tear down/burn muscle. You muscles need glycogen in order to grow and have energy.

Comment

I friend of my was telling me that I should do Atkins diet for 12 weeks.And I will get the perfect body. I am going to do this diet for 4 - 6 weeks and I know it wont affect my health but doing for 12 weeks I guess it is too much, I dont know. any experience with this diet for 12 weeks???? anyone????
                  Last edited by TKD1; 04-09-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I friend of my was telling me that I should do Atkins diet for 12 weeks.And I will get the perfect body. I am going to do this diet for 4 - 6 weeks and I know it wont affect my health but doing for 12 weeks I guess it is too much, I dont know. any experience with this diet for 12 weeks???? anyone????
                    Are you a troll? Have you read any of the comments in this thread? The atkins diet will affect your health from week 1, let alone week 12. This is the case with pretty much every fad diet out there.

What's so hard about traditional eating-below-maintenance methods of fat loss? Sure, you don't have that initial loss of water weight to give you a bit of a confidence boost, and you won't have your body cannibalising your muscles to get food to help with shedding those pounds, but it is sustainable, and it won't have any adverse effects on your health.

If you want to lose weight, by all means use the atkins diet. It will work. You'll lose as much muscle as fat though. If however, you want to lose fat, eat less and exercise more. It's as simple as that. It won't give you instant results, but it will give you results.

Comment

Your brain needs carbohydrates to function properly.

If you want to lose weight just get into a caloric deficit... You don't need to cut out carbs, just make sure you account for them in you daily caloric allowances.

Comment

Working...
                      X