No announcement yet.

If Compubox is so.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
    I gave you proof. The community here is **** because of morons like you who place importance on nonsense like compubox. You dont know **** about boxing if you're relying on such a broken system to tell you the story of a fight.
    i've never SWORN by it fool. and that was no proof provided by u, that was more of a trollish opinion. gtfoh

Everybody was always so against it, but nonody could provide a certain truth to why it was so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
      i've never SWORN by it fool. and that was no proof provided by u, that was more of a trollish opinion. gtfoh

Everybody was always so against it, but nonody could provide a certain truth to why it was so bad.
      Well you've been provided with the Donaire-Mathebula punch stat's there is solid and clear evidence that it's not accurate or not always accurate.

You've been provided with more than 1 example in this there lack of accuracy.

Comment

it's defintely more accurate than watching it on tv and not keeping track of the punches landed...esp in a close fight

ofcourse when there is a KD , no matter what the compubox say, you have to consider the one who got it to be the winner of the round (scored 10-8) unless the diffrence of punches landed between them is huge...(then it should be 9-9)

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          it's defintely more accurate than watching it on tv and not keeping track of the punches landed...esp in a close fight

ofcourse when there is a KD , no matter what the compubox say, you have to consider the one who got it to be the winner of the round (scored 10-8) unless the diffrence of punches landed between them is huge...(then it should be 9-9)
          of course, but scoring even rounds is discouraged also, so who knows.

Comment

If compubox numbers are so great why don't judges get those numbers~

Compubox is not used by judges to score fights thus when used to talk about a fight and who won it is not being like a real judge, if you aren't judging like a boxing judge why would I care about someone who is influenced by some meaningless number.

Comment

Those same people will use CompuBox to make their case for other fights, so don't pay much attention to them.

Comment

compubox is reliable, but does not have the reasoning powers of the judges. great example was during pacquiao-bradley. bradley threw more (slapping) punches but pacquiao threw and connected more power punches

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Because somebody may throw most of their punches in or over a certain amount of rounds.

I.E a fighter may throw nearly all of their punches in the first 3 rounds then gas and the other fighter schools them for the remaining 9 rounds.

Punch stats mean ****, if they did Mathebula would of easily beaten Donaire for example.

Fights are scored via rounds.
                  Compubox counts punches per round too... not everyone is a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post

If you really want to know, I'd recommend watching this video series. In it, you can see for yourself how wildly inaccurate compubox is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkqMKGdi4LU

It doesn't seem plausible that people can determine whether or not high speed punches landed, in real time viewing, to a high level of accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                      take some sets of CB stats and then go watch the fights in slow motion and compare your connect count with CB's connect count round for round. you'll see how dismally inaccurate CB connect stats are.

human error or an indicator of CB bias toward certain stars? one can only speculate, but HBO have this habit of ramming CB down its viewers' throats and CB has this habit of being pretty inaccurate in favour of some of HBO's hottest properties in recent times.
                      Agreed. Lampley parrots them as fact at the beginning of every damn round. It's outrageous given how utterly unreliable they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X