Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana white snaps his fingers and creates..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    actually he earned much more than that. those are only the disclosed purses. after ppv he earned about 15 million according to reports. they should have overpaid him like pbc fighters because thats a viable model?
    Ok, so we have 3 mil, 10 mil, 15 mil, and 20 mil so basically nobody knows.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      UFC...

Most PPV main events
      Top ten wrestlers with the most PPV main events. (As of Clash of Champions 2016)
      Rank Wrestler # of PPV main events First PPV main event Last PPV main event
      1 John Cena
      67 (includes 6 Royal Rumble matches) 2003 2014
      The Undertaker
      67 (includes 9 Royal Rumble matches) 1991 2015
      Triple H
      67 (includes 6 Royal Rumble matches) 1998 2016
      4 Shawn Michaels
      48 (includes 10 Royal Rumble matches) 1989 2010
      5 Randy Orton
      42 (includes 5 Royal Rumble matches) 2003 2016
      6 Stone Cold Steve Austin
      41 (includes 3 Royal Rumble matches) 1997 2002
      7 Kane
      38 (includes 15 Royal Rumble matches) 1998 2016
      8 The Rock
      33 (includes 2 Royal Rumble matches) 1998 2013
      9 Chris Jericho
      29 (includes 8 Royal Rumble matches) 2000 2016
      10 Edge
      26 (includes 6 Royal Rumble matches) 1999 2010
      I think that's actually a still shot from the self destruction of the ultimate warrior dvd. I remember laughing at that kid when i was watching it stoned.

Comment

Said this in another thread which as usual logic gets ignored on this site. It was about boxing not being able to afford more than 2 fights a year from all the top guys.

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
        Some of you need to really re-think your answers.

4 fights a year would be perfect in a perfect world... but boxing doesn't have the $$ or pull that it used to. The networks and promotions can't afford 4 fights a year from all these top guys let alone the B tier.

The only way all these top guys fight 4 times a year is if some of their bum fights etc Canelo vs Khan, GGG vs Wade, Wilder vs Arreola, Joshua vs Breazeale were on undercards for a bit less $$. But that won't happen because of the state boxing is in.

Whilst I prefer boxing to MMA I want to use the UFC as an example. The UFC business model makes it a lot better for these guys to fight multiple times a year because of the single promoter. How often do you see a UFC card where the co main event could easily main event it's own card?

UFC 200: Lesnar v Hunt, Silva v Cormier, Aldo v Edgar (Interim FW Title)... NONE of these were the main event. All 3 could EASILY headline a card and sell pretty damn well.

UFC 194: Weidman v Rockhold (MW Title) was the co-main.

Now in boxing everyone is obsessed with being the lone star. These guys should learn to understand that you don't HAVE to revolve a whole card around a one sided beatdown. Stack some cards. The promoters these days are amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          pretty sure its just one team making excuses out their ass as to why the fight hasn't happened. prob the team that dropped the belt, drained themselves down a division, is fighting unknown bums, making silly flat offers for a huge fight instead of the standard percentage split, delaying the fight another year instead of doing it now.
          Thats what im saying though, if boxing was like the UFC canelo would have been forced a long time ago to fight GGG and he wouldnt be able to do **** about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            Some of the most stacked cards in combat sports history. Most of these 205 fights are main event worthy.

Will boxing be forced to adopt the singular governing body model in order to survive?
            @$60 for the PPV, if UFC 205 ends up doing 1.5m buys, you're talking about $90m in revenue off of the PPV (likely down to $50m once the cable operators get paid).

How much money do the actual fighters end up seeing off of that $50m (without even counting the gate, sponsors, or any other revenues)? I doubt that the fighters even end up getting $15m of that.

Will boxing ever return to a point where the fighters (the folks actually risking their necks in the ring) are only going home with 20%-30% of the take, with the promoter taking everything else?

fat chance

Comment

Some of the most stacked cards in combat sports history. Most of these 205 fights are main event worthy.

Will boxing be forced to adopt the singular governing body model in order to survive?
              Here, here, this is what boxing so desperately needs but I bet you most boxers at the very top would hate boxing becoming something like that. I mean Imagine Danny Garcia having to fight top level opposition one after another?

Boxing will take a lot of work to ever force it into one single type of thing but If there was just one main man in the US that would be a very welcoming start.

Comment

Dana White is doing what Bob Arum has always done. Put on in house fights. The only difference is that Arum doesn't have the top 99% of the talent. But if he did I guarantee he'd do the same as Dana White. Stop ignoring the fact that the UFC is just a promotion that only puts on in house fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                  Ok, so we have 3 mil, 10 mil, 15 mil, and 20 mil so basically nobody knows.
                  He got $3million flat + ~$10(reported) for every PPV sold.

+ fight bonuses

Comment

I'm a fan I don't care how much money he makes as long as we get the fights we wanna see

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, McG is the only known name on that roster of fights so no, they aren't all main event worthy of a PPV but in previous PPVs, UFC have put on some good cards.

Its not too far removed from how stacked PPV cards used to be in the 80s or even the 90s.

I agree we need a singular governing body but UFC is not a governing body. It is an American MMA promotion and because no other country, especially somewhere like Brazil with a huge MMA following, has the financial or media ability to promote on the same level as UFC.

If only a UFC style promotion could become a big part of boxing, we would start seeing some changes.

Comment

Working...
                      X