Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler was Absolutely the WEAKEST of the Big 4.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
    Leonard even fought at Light Heavyweight and won the WBC belt.

All of the 4 are legends IMO.

All of the other 3 fought way up Middleweight, with Hearns even fighting at Cruiserweight.

IMO Hagler even beat Sugar Ray with a very close decision.
    Actually Leonard never fought at lightheavy, he made LaLonde come down to the newly created super middle division and put his 175 title on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      Good post except for "Hagler won". No he didn't. SRL out smarted him. He out pointed him. He landed more and controlled the ring with his "effective" movement. Hagler came on late BUT it was too late. Just remember this, Hagler and most of the boxing world, thought he was going to KILL Ray. Ray came out of retirement after 5 years without a TUNEUP! Hagler is the greatest middleweight of all-times in my opinion but he didn't beat SRL. He did all kinds of uncharacteristic things in the fight and after. During the fight, he fought conventional for a little too long and it cost him. After the fight, he was dancing before the decision. Guess what? Marvin don't dance. Period. It reminded me of Floyd's words and behavior before the decision was read against Manny. In his heart, he knew he didn't win and so did his father.
      True, I take my hat off to SRL for taking the fight without any tune ups after 5 years of retirement. I think SRL won rounds by fighting and throwing combinations the last 10 seconds of every round, and winning the judges decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Actually Leonard never fought at lightheavy, he made LaLonde come down to the newly created super middle division and put his 175 title on the line.
        Thanks for the correction sir

Comment

• True...

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
          Thanks for the correction sir

Yeah. Ray/Lalonde fought between Light heavy/Super middleweight. I believe it was 165lbs. It was the first fight in boxing history where champions from different divisions, fought for each other's title.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
            Yeah. Ray/Lalonde fought between Light heavy/Super middleweight. I believe it was 165lbs. It was the first fight in boxing history where champions from different divisions, fought for each other's title.
            Had the pleasure to speak to Donny a couple of times, very quite and nice guy.

Comment

Working...
            X