No announcement yet.

Purses for Danny Garcia $1.5 mil Robert Guerrero $1.2 mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    To be fair, Los Angeles and Las Vegas are notorious for late arriving crowds. Don't forget the TV card started at 5 PM local time. I've been at Staples for much bigger fights than this and the early crowd was sparse.
    I agree but then why is this fight in LA instead of on the East Coast where Garcia fan base is located? It's just a bad look for TV especially when you trying to bring in new casual fans. Makes it look like an amateur event when the arena so empty. Either put these fights in smaller arenas, load the card up with great fights so fans come early, or move it to another city that will show up early.

Comment

Strange purses really. If Guerrero is valued at 1.2, shouldn't Garcia be making closer to 2 mil? Kinda like Bradley-Rios there's a clear A-side, B-side. Otherwise, good payday for Robert.

I would've expected better paydays for Vazquez and Martinez. Maybe I'm influenced by the impression that Haymon fighters are paid well, but Martinez seems lacking after fights with Guerrero and Alexander.

Kinda surprised Lomachenko got that much for Koaischa, especially as the undercard fighter, but good payday for him.

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      You do realize that "regular cable" is not free, right?
      lol, it's like saying boxingscene is on free internet....you need to pay for the internet to have access to the site, to the articles.

Comment

It sounds like reasonable amounts for Garcia and Guerrero. I am surprised Guerrero got almost as much as Garcia but he earned with his great effort.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Steve Kim tweeting pics of the crowd. Looks terrible like 50 people there. WOW.
          Tweeting pics of the undercard crowd before the televised portion began. Notice he didn't tweet pics once the main event started. I don't understand why he's so invested in PBC failing? He has straight up admitted he has a problem with PBC.

Comment

way too much money.
            no wonder pbc guys don't want big names. they're making great purses fighting old guys

Comment

SteveKim is supposed to be a journalist but he's a hater

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

someone mentioned that he said only 3K tickets were sold. I sincerely hope not. I feel like he get his info on Mayweather/PBC from their competitors and assumes it's true even though it's wrong most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  someone mentioned that he said only 3K tickets were sold. I sincerely hope not. I feel like he get his info on Mayweather/PBC from their competitors and assumes it's true even though it's wrong most of the time.
                  It's public information so it'll come out in a couple of days. Anybody can email these state commissions for that type of info.

Comment

Tonight's purses: $1.5 million for DannySwift and $1.2 million for GHoSTBOXING ...

-Martinez 150k
                    -Vasquez 125k
                    -Breazeale 100k
                    .Mansour 55k

Total fight purse $3.135

For perspective

Bradley 1.9 mil
                    Rios $800 K
                    Lomachenko's $750K
                    Koaischa $35K

Total fight purse $3.85 mil
                    Swift got 1.5 Milli and Broner gets 4 or 5 Milli fights is crazy to me.. Maybe that's why you didn't hear (I wanna thank Al Haymon) at the post fight.

PRPP

Comment

18,000+ is the max for basketball. Put in a boxing ring and add more seats and that number increases. 66% full is not a good look.

Comment

Working...
                      X