Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Kess that fought Calzaghe whip Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xLuKeYx View Post
    And fans of the boxer who beat the guy we're talking about aren't the best people to ask either. Deliberately or not, they always credit their fighter with the most they possibly can, in this case by hyping the opponent.

Kessler's best ever performance was against Calzaghe, and that Kessler wins a close decision over Froch more often than he doesn't.
    Im a Kessler fan too though, Ward as well for that matter. I just think Mikkel poured his soul into that fight in Denmark a lot more than he did in Wales
    Styles play their part also, Joe and Carl are very different fighters

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
      Calzaghe is so overrated...Chad Dawson made Hopkins look average yet Calzaghe struggled and arguably lost to Hopkins.
      Hopkins was 43 against Calzaghe. He was 48 against Dawson. I would bet the house on Hopkins 5 years ago to beat Dawson. If Calzaghe is so overrated Kessler, Eubank and Hopkins would have all beaten him comfortably.
      In 2007, Calzaghe at 35yr old comfortably beat a prime 28 year old Kessler.
      Yesterday a shot 34yr old Kessler just give Froch a life and death fight.

Comment

Calzaghe is so overrated...Chad Dawson made Hopkins look average yet Calzaghe struggled and arguably lost to Hopkins.
        Ye... B hop hasn't aged at all the past 4 years, clown

Comment

But Hopkins embarrassed Kelly Pavlik, who destroyed Jermain Taylor, who won a decision over Hopkins, twice. Where does that leave us now?

And what's with the "arguably lost to Hopkins"? Either you have a bad memory or you know nothing about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TmZaclk View Post
            Yesterday a shot 34yr old Kessler just give Froch a life and death fight.
            you were watching the wrong fight, Froch clearly beat Kess.

Next time check the names on the fights when you watch a Russian upload on youtube.

As to the question, I expect that Froch would do much better against the thick version Kessler who was stupid enough to go into a fight when only fit for 6 rounds with only one good hand, rather than the cagier smarter but admittedly a little battered version of Mikkel today.

Comment

yes
              he almost had a draw last night
              he beat him 3 years ago
              he would beat him 5 years ago

Comment

It would always be a pretty close fight.

I don't subscribe to this idea that Kessler was diminished. Froch has been in tougher fights and more wars, taken more shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
                  It would always be a pretty close fight.

I don't subscribe to this idea that Kessler was diminished. Froch has been in tougher fights and more wars, taken more shots.
                  Agreed 100%.

I thought "Kessler would be better now because his eye is fixed. He's 100%"

What happened to that?

Comment

It'd be another war obviously. What would Kessler do differently? He fights in spurts, thats his style. That was his let down vs Ward, froch and Calzaghe

Last night's Froch still takes a points win on activity. It was Froch who was without a gameplan in the first fight. Now he has his groove

Comment

They'll always be a tough match up for one another. Just a clash of styles, but the Kessler that fought Calzaghe, was slightly better. Kessler was lighter on his feet and hand better hand speed. Kessler is more of a slugger now. His balance was terrible last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X