Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fighters need to fight more every year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
    I mean most of the top p4p guys only fight like twice a year at most and it seems like a long ass wait for every damn top popular fighter around to fight fighters need to fight more imo
    gotta let it marinate!

Comment

3x a year perfect IMO

Comment

These days mostly up and coming boxers fight more than 3 times a year because their looking to gain notoriety. I think twice a year is the perfect amount of fights for well established boxers, gives them plenty of time to heal up from various injuries, spend time with family, etc.

Comment

Yes they should. Not all that long ago top fighters fought about 4 times a year with no problem at all. Fighters should start their pro careers earlier too. Some of them get started so late that they are well past 30 when they win the title. GGG and Rigo are great fighters but it's too bad they could not have turned pro many years before they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Yeah, I think guys should fight once a quarter or at least 3 times a year,,,

I dont expect superfights everytime but at least stay active, like ggg, santa cruz, mares and donaire have done
            Big Chavez used to fight at least 4 times a year. Every fight wasn't against the best, but he stayed busy and sharp. Kept his fans happy with actual performances too.

Oddly enough, people crap on him for his record. Saying he fought nothing but cab drivers. So if you take those guys out of the 4 or 5 fights a year, he'd have about 30 less wins.

Comment

Working...
            X